21 years old and grounded...uh Watch

Dr.Sweet Science
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
xayshx, honestly girl pipe down stop embarassing me as a Pakistani and if your going to talk smack about your parents and how your being 'restricted' then atleast leave your nationality out of it. I will pray to God that he doesn't give me a Pakistani daughter that has a similar attitude to yourself. TSR is the last place you want to ask for opinions or advice, most people here don't understand our families or what goes on in them.

I've had a lot of stuff said from far relatives who have made up crap and yes it has annoyed me but out of respect for the culture and elders, i keep quiet and take it on the chin. I make sure to inform my parents that i am extremely aggrieved with what has been said about me and if they want to raise the problem up, i would greatly appreciate it.
Blueflare
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Stop making excuses and move out. You're 21 ffs, your life is your own.
Sprockette
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Are there any summer internships in law? Or if you can't get that, maybe ask round for some voluntary work in the area part time and work as well to support yourself? You could start applying for them now, make plans for the summer and get out for a few months at least. And try to save some 'emergency money' for if things get bad again.
Clez
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
My personal advice would be to reveal the exact whereabouts of your family home and organise a freedom team of TSR members to come and break you out.
MDAkhi
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by xayshx)
Thanks. It just really gets to me sometimes..I do feel proper suffocated at times.
But yeah thanks you're right
aaahh, just hang in there.
you know what they're like.
Changeable as the wind. They cant make their minds up.
Just lay low til the storm blows over & then go wreak some havoc of ur own
jeffstar
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You're in Great Britain. Make use of this glorious nation and become independent - that's your right here.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (125)
17.83%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (72)
10.27%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (121)
17.26%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (101)
14.41%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (68)
9.7%
How can I be the best version of myself? (214)
30.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise