Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am just annoyed at the ones who give bad rep to a person who is asking for help on a topic.

i.e Profesh giving me a bad rep for this thread

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...70#post3375670

ReputationRep:
    The whole concept of reputation is flawed. People don't always say what they want to in fear of retribution in the form of negative reputation. The result is a bunch of bland, boring threads. You can't moan about reputation at all if you're one of the people who uses it.

Profesh (I assume) gave you neg. reputation because he thought your question was stupid. What exactly is wrong with that? Theres no universal code for what type of posts deserve negative or positive reputation, its a matter of opinion. Just live with it.

edit: Or like me, ***** about it at every chance you can in the hopes that it will one day get removed.

ReputationRep:
    well that thread made no sense at all to me, so I can understand where he is coming from

ReputationRep:
    I totally agree. I got neg-repped by someone, just because they clearly disagreed with my opinion on a matter. Surely neg-rep should be solely reserved for people being offensive or attacking people personally, and not for people who say something you don't like or for people who just happen to annoy you.

ReputationRep:
    and seriously dude, get over it, this thread will probably get you more neg, I won't because I only neg SW but plenty of other people wil prolly get pissed off with you. Complaining about neg only gets you more, as does asking for green

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by devilbunny)
    and seriously dude, get over it, this thread will probably get you more neg, I won't because I only neg SW but plenty of other people wil prolly get pissed off with you. Complaining about neg only gets you more, as does asking for green
    :ditto: you gotta listen to the bunny :p: xoxo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by filly)
    I am just annoyed at the ones who give bad rep to a person who is asking for help on a topic.

i.e Profesh giving me a bad rep for this thread

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...70#post3375670
    That thread was a complete waste of space, good on Profesh for neg repping you. You'll probably notice a whole load more neg rep coming your way for making this post.

ReputationRep:
    this has been done a million times before. If a rep is abusive you can speak to someone in ask a mod. If not then just grin and bear it.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.