Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    does anyone go there from TSR?
    what is it like as a Uni?
    just wondered..

ReputationRep:
    One of my best friends goes there and she loves it.

ReputationRep:
    I looked at it but I didn't like it

ReputationRep:
    Don't what it's like as a uni, I think it's reasonably respectable, but I lived in Guildford for three months and found it to be one of the most crushingly boring towns I've ever been to...

ReputationRep:
    I live in Guildford, and personally I wouldn't rate the area too highly, but having said that I know nothing about the university. If you can, I'd visit it because it's only then that you'll be able to form your own oppinion of the place.

ReputationRep:
    I looked at it too, didn't really fancy it. My sister went there though.

There is a Surrey forum on TSR.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonnyB)
    There is a Surrey forum on TSR.
    I'm afraid, there isn't any Surrey forum under TSR University forum yet.

ReputationRep:
    I'm at surrey The uni itself is pretty good, I've nothing to complain about. But on the other hand, socially, i personally find it a bit crap! But having said that most people i know love it to bits. Guildford is expensive and mind-numbingly boring, only been into town once and that was enough

I need to sleep, i have a lecture a 9am

ReputationRep:
    Surrey was the Roehampton Institute at one point in time, wasn't it? (I lose track!)
    I know a couple of people who did their PGCE's there. They seemed to enjoy it.

ReputationRep:
    I liked Surrey when I went to visit....was too close to home though so didn't consider it. Thought the campus and general atmosphere was really nice though. In terms of reputation it's meant to be one of the best for graduate employment rates.

ReputationRep:
    Roehampton used to be a part of the university of Surrey (not the other way round) but it became independent last year. Surrey never 'used' to be the Roehampton Institute ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paeony)
    Roehampton used to be a part of the university of Surrey (not the other way round) but it became independent last year. It never 'used' to be the Roehampton Institute ...
    Note my comment at the end: 'I lose track'.

ReputationRep:
    I think Surrey was one of the 60's universities rather than a former institute/poly...

Edit: I tell a lie...after doing a bit of research I found out that Surrey used to be Battersea Polytechnic College...(or something similar) but this was in the early 1900's...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hallucination)
    I think Surrey was one of the 60's universities rather than a former institute/poly...

Edit: I tell a lie...after doing a bit of research I found out that Surrey used to be Battersea Polytechnic College...(or something similar) but this was in the early 1900's...
    Yes, you're right: Battersea Polytechnic Institute: http://portal.surrey.ac.uk/portal/pa..._schema=PORTAL

ReputationRep:
    I live (parents) 5 minutes away and know lots of people who go there and, without exception, they love it. I don't think I would, but that's probably because of family being close.

Guildford isn't exactly party central but it's a nice place and there are benefits:
    - 33 mins direct to Waterloo
    - Uni is between train station and a massive supermarket
    - Really nice accomodation, lots of it very new
    - Lots of part-time work available on campus or in town
    - Excellent grad employment rates
    - Comparably low entry grades
    - A few half-decent clubs and some nice-ish bars
    - Good reputation

Good luck, hope that helped, ask me any questions left unanswered if you like.

ReputationRep:
    Can you give me some idea abt MSC(Electronics Engg) from Surrey

On their Website they have mentioned 100% employment rates .

Here is the link :

University of Surrey - http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/

Courses Offered - http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/External/MSc/pathways.htm

University of Surrey - has clearly mentioned almost 100% employment rate for their courses . Kindly have a look on it .

http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/External/postgraduate.html

As per times rating it was ranked 7th , so do you feel that if i can get in Surrey then it would be gr8 or I should find better university as well.

Vivek

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.