Turn on thread page Beta

Can we have a courtroom for people watch

I'm interested in this, and so declare myself head judge-type guy. Wise like Solomon, you will bring your cases to me, and I will judge them. All cases will be laughed out of court. You will respect my authoritah. Moderators, subs and plebs alike will follow my orders, as I am an independent, objective branch of the state, and have given myself the power of judicial review. Yah.

ReputationRep:
    Awesome.

Ooh! Do me! I'm literally crying out to be made an example of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
    I'm interested in this, and so declare myself head judge-type guy. Wise like Solomon, you will bring your cases to me, and I will judge them. All cases will be laughed out of court. You will respect my authoritah. Moderators, subs and plebs alike will follow my orders, as I am an independent, objective branch of the state, and have given myself the power of judicial review. Yah.
    My kinda judge.

ReputationRep:
    this is a good idea for a thread yay!! :wavey: xxx

(Original post by Profesh)
    Awesome.

Ooh! Do me! I'm literally crying out to be made an example of.
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t172394.html

In the case of filly v Profesh (2005), it is held that the court shall remain in utter silence regarding the key issues of the case. This is necessary in order to appropriately convey the utter disgust of the court that this case was ever brought, and the immense distain that this case has engendered on the part of the court towards the claimant. There shall be no leave to appeal granted, and the claimant, as a foo', is duly pitied.

ReputationRep:
    lmao... i love the http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=2840&p=6 site about TSR. Brings back memories.

Oh yeah... can i be the defendants' lawyers?

ReputationRep:
    me too!! xxx i want to be a lawyer

Sure, why not. Find people who are arguing, and get a case together.

I fear that the case of "Member 12487 v. TSR Administration Team" will be my last. Much bloody rioting. But until then, let's have a little ridicule. That's always a good laugh.

ReputationRep:
    can I cross examine people?

"Mr. Smith, did you kick the bucket?"
    "No."
    "Oh really? Are you sure you didn't?"
    "Yes, im sure I didn't."
    "I propose, Mr. Smith, that you did in fact kick the bucket."
    "I did not."
    "I put it to you that you kicked the bucket."
    "Never."
    "I submit that you kicked the bucket."
    "I did not!"
    "ANSWER MY QUESTION! DID YOU KICK THE BUCKET!"
    "No!"
    "YES OR NO!"
    "No!"
    "DO NOT EVADE THE QUESTION!"
    "NO!"
    "Would you be surprised if I said you kicked the bucket?"
    "Possibly..."
    "Ah ha! Admissions of guilt!"
    "Never!"
    "Would you be surprised if I asked you to confirm your position on the standing of the aforementioned incident of the receptacle being propelled in an overturning direction from the contact of you foot whilst in fact you were admitting guilt through the sub-clause of the preceding, next and aforementioned paragraphs of the police report constituing Exhibit A when in fact you were greatly surprised at the incident of bucket contact and overturning?"
    "Um... err... yes!"
    "Pardon?"
    "Yes!"
    "Oh, um, right.... [tries to work out if this is correct answer] No further questions, m'lud."

Not my idea, I have to say. It's part of a sketch performed at "The Secret Policeman's Ball" amnesty gig- I think. Just imagine John Cleese doing the shouting...

ReputationRep:
    I want to be the bailiff, smacking people if they get too rowdy, smacking the prisoners, smacking people etc etc

please?

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to go up against member 61301 about the claim in her sig that those wings are hers, when they are infact mine!! :eek:

(Original post by Scubar)
    I want to be the bailiff, smacking people if they get too rowdy, smacking the prisoners, smacking people etc etc

please?
    Discipline is always fun. Shall I make a list of the staff?

ReputationRep:
    Ah yes but I'll be the guy who appointed 2+2=5 which makes me Lord Chancellor. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
    :love:

ReputationRep:
    Is there a Court of Appeal?

Do you intend to emulate Judge John Deed and go agains tthe government at every oppertunity?

(Original post by FadeToBlackout)
    Is there a Court of Appeal?

Do you intend to emulate Judge John Deed and go agains tthe government at every oppertunity?
    There will be no appeals. My court is the highest in the land, and the existence of it is implied in the existence of the written rules (hence, it can be said that the court, which I will henceforth refer to as the Grand Ultimate Supreme Court, has constitutional status). The government shall be fine, as long as they stay within the rules. The rules, as they are interpreted by me.

ReputationRep:
    whats the first case, wheres the defendant

I'm getting smack happy

*feels sure there is adouble entendre in there some where bt doesn't know where*

ReputationRep:
    Speaking of going to court- I'm going to one in December (for a minor offence...). ^o)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scubar)
    whats the first case, wheres the defendant

I'm getting smack happy
    hehe..............here's a little something you may find useful in future posts, then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SW)
    I'd like to go up against member 61301 about the claim in her sig that those wings are hers, when they are infact mine!! :eek:
    :eek: I noticed that too! Was gonna PM you to bring it to your attention, but got kicked off the computer before I got the chance!

Your case should be made priority!

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.