The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi! I was just wondering what area of malaria you did your epq on? Was it malaria in general, a certain thread of it and it's effects?
Thanks!
Reply 501
Original post by CraigKirk
I did mine on diagnostic radiology. The title was:

'Are advancements in diagnostic radiology fully utilised by the NHS?'

Want me to send you the essay section? Everything's sourced, so I can send you everything else if necessary. Just PM me an email. :smile:

Hey I was thinking to do my EPQ on a topic related to diagnostic radiography but I can't think of a good question. could u maybe send me a section of your EPQ so I get an idea on where to start. :smile:
Original post by nam2590
I did the EPQ on 'Multiple Sclerosis and how it affects a sufferer within society', i got an A* in it. Tbh i dont think there that hard to do, i didnt exactly go overboard in effort with mine.
Im going to try and bring it up in my St Andrews interview ... so i will get bk to you on how much unis like it haha

I am planning to also look at MS for my EPQ, I know of a person with the neurological condition and so I was thinking I could devise a self report (structured interview) on how it affects her day to day. So my project will have both the biological aspect as well as showing to the examiner that I can use research methods appropriately to display my skills as a psychologist. However I am unsure what to use as my research question, I feel data from only one individual will not be strong enough to develop a 5000 word essay and will not provide enough material, therefore I need guidance on creating a more generalised question from which I can use my participant's data alongside secondary data analysis. What question did you do?
Reply 503
Hey i dont suppose you still have your EP work ?
Reply 504
Original post by Shweth229
hey...I am currently thinking about starting EPQ, and I'm my future career is defo to be a radiologist...so id be grateful if you can help me...x

Hey i dont suppose you have your epq work ? I am doing epq this year i havent picked a title but will focus on audiology as that is what i will be doing at uni :smile:
Reply 505
Original post by jayeshforce1
Hi i am doing my EPQ on Stem cells especially gene therapy. I was wondering if you still have a copy of your EPQ? If possible do you think you can send me a link for it? so i can take a read through it and get a feel for level of standard expected and how to structure it. I won't share it if you do decide to send it. Also did you go to medical school? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
JF1

Hey i dont suppose you have your epq work ? I am doing epq this year i havent picked a title but will focus on audiology as that is what i will be doing at uni :smile:
Reply 506
Original post by alzdsz
Hey I was thinking to do my EPQ on a topic related to diagnostic radiography but I can't think of a good question. could u maybe send me a section of your EPQ so I get an idea on where to start. :smile:

Reply 507
Original post by sarah1991
i would link it to pbl if the uni uses it but leeds is not a pbl course so not going to mention it

i found it quite managable i didn't start mine till quite late and once you start 5000 words does not seem to be a lot. i did mine on recreational drugs so i just got info from books and internet about side effects etc, got some statistics on drug use and did a short questionaire at college asking about people's views on drugs. it's not too hard if you take it seriously some other people at college gave up halfway because they couldn't be bothered. there does be a long time to hand it in so as long as you do bit by bit on a regular basis it shouldn't add too much to your workload :smile:

Reply 508

Want me to send you the essay section? Everything's sourced, so I can send you everything else if necessary. Just PM me an email. :smile:

Hi, I want to do my EPQ based on medicine but I can't decide on a topic. I thought about the ethics and arguments for and against euthanasia but I'm not too sure whether that is over done.I also considered looking at how mental health patients are treated in the NHS. If anyone else has any ideas it would be much appreciated! I'm so stuck on ideas anything would helpful.
Reply 510
Original post by lekky
Lots of threads popping up at the moment, so here's a place to discuss your EPQ!

I did my EPQ on malaria and got an A* so if you have any questions you think I can help with please quote me :smile:

Hey, I'm currently really struggling with my EPQ. It's on treatments for the phantom limb. If you dont mind, can you email me your essay? It would really help me out and i would appreciate it so much. Thanks.
Hoping to do an EPQ next year and I'm wondering whether I could do something like "Should we try to find a 'cure' for deafness?" I don't think it's a particularly common topic but I feel like you could talk about things like culture and education alongside science. I'm not sure if it's too specific to do though :/
Reply 512
Hey can anyone help me with my EPQ Abortion literature review. Pleaaase any tips, advice or exemplars would be grateful!!!
Original post by lekky
Lots of threads popping up at the moment, so here's a place to discuss your EPQ!

I did my EPQ on malaria and got an A* so if you have any questions you think I can help with please quote me :smile:

What question was your essay based upon?

Hi CraigKirk, would you mind sending it to me? I'd be interested in how you laid it out.
I am thinking of doing an EPQ (related to human gene therapy for cancer treatment, involving the science, ethics, cost etc), but I'm having doubts on if it will take time away from my other subjects as I need to get at least AAA to apply for medicine. I feel like I wouldn't know how to start on an EPQ at all as we haven't had any help yet from sixth form.
Do you think doing an EPQ is worth the work, is it manageable and do unis like it? If so, please could anyone give advice on what I should be doing, and the layout of an EPQ.. I would definitely be aiming for an A or A*. I just don't want to stress myself out with it and end up sacrificing another grade.

Original post by nam2590
I did the EPQ on 'Multiple Sclerosis and how it affects a sufferer within society', i got an A* in it. Tbh i dont think there that hard to do, i didnt exactly go overboard in effort with mine.
Im going to try and bring it up in my St Andrews interview ... so i will get bk to you on how much unis like it haha

What topics did you discuss within your epq?
Original post by lekky

Hi, I’m Karen, I’m doing A-levels and I want to do medicine at the university . I want to do the EPQ based on malaria, can you please help me with some topics ?
Hello,I am currently doing an epq on genetic testing during pregnancy.Could someone advice any sub topics that would be good to include ?
I'm thinking about doing

To what extent does the wealth of a country affect the spread of malaria?

Is this a good question??

Latest

Trending

Trending