can you help this mutiple-choice question ???help!!!!!

Watch
appletrees
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Which of the following statements about consideration, where required, is true?

(A) The claimant must prove on the balance of probabilities that each party provided consideration.

(B) The claimant must prove on the balance of probabilities that he provided consideration for the defendant’s promise.

(C) The defendant can show that the contract was unenforceable for want of consideration if he can prove on the balance of probabilities that no consideration moved from him to the claimant.

(D) Both parties must have provided consideration but the burden of proof is neutral: the court decides on the basis of an inquisitorial investigation.
blobsy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
i am stuck on this exact question
The Blind Monk
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
C

Think about the component parts of a contract:
Consideration
ICLR
Agreement

See Tweddle v Atkinson: a contractual promise is only binding if it is supported by consideration. The standard of proof in a civil court is on the balance of probabilities. If consideration did not pass to the defendant then the contract is void for lack of consideration.
blobsy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by The Blind Monk)
C

Think about the component parts of a contract:
Consideration
ICLR
Agreement

See Tweddle v Atkinson: a contractual promise is only binding if it is supported by consideration. The standard of proof in a civil court is on the balance of probabilities. If consideration did not pass to the defendant then the contract is void for lack of consideration.
thank you soo much
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (44)
36.97%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (12)
10.08%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (5)
4.2%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (29)
24.37%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (19)
15.97%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (10)
8.4%

Watched Threads