The Student Room Group

is health and social care a decent A level to have?

im a boy taking health and social care as i am really good at this subject, but i don't want to be any male midwife or nurse, what do you think? is it a decent A level for a boy to have? im also taking ict and psychology if you'd like to know.
Reply 1
Ok, first of all the, fact that you're male is totally irrelevant, this isn't the 1950s. Secondly, it depends on what you want to do and where you want to go to do it. Some top universities are picky about certain subjects and if you wanted to go to one of them, you'd do better having more traditional subjects. Other than that, health and social care is a perfectly decent A level and it's definitely a good idea to do subjects that you're good at.
Any qualification is decent if it gets you where you need to be. If you're planning to go to university you need to understand that it's not one of the more academically respected A-levels, to be honest. Health & social care is on the blacklist at top universities i.e. not suitable as one of the three A-levels contributory to the offer; remember though an A in that will get you further than a C in a more difficult subject you're not so good at.
Reply 3
I want to study health and social care a levels but I can't seem to find a sixth form or sixth form college that offer the subject in north London. Any suggestions would be really helpful as I am going into year 11 and need to start thinking about my options
skinners academy sixth for do double single and triple even childcare i am at that school and really am happy about it which ia ma going to go to next year it is located at north London at harringey but connected to hackney it is in woodberry down and has a primary school right next to it called woodberry down community primary schoolsee you soon if you come

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending