Wuthering Height coursework! help! Watch

This discussion is closed.
greenrevolt
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by corey)
Discuss the differences between them - language used when they were first presented.

Also look at when Catherine was at TG for 6weeks and came back a perfect young woman

When she says it would degrade me to marry Heathcliff

etc etc

You should also look at the other side - was it there own choice, for instance after the 6weeks she still hugs Heathcliff despite him being dirty etc -> Maybe they just gave in to social class.

Talk about how Heathcliff does not see the social class element as much as Catherine does -> way he acts when she dies, way he doesnt care etc

Have fun!
u got an easy question zizi- am doing it AS and although the book is great the way the teacher decided to approach it is horrible. Step 1: complete summary log for chapter and make relevant comments/ Step 2: answer questions Step 3: oral "test" Step 4 : Essay on a big Chunky topic- she has to be reminded its a love story that went so above all social norms- yet i really dont like C and H- they seemed to be so.. grrr.. but the fact that they are anti-heroes makes it an interesting book to study- i like it alot. By the way i have an essay to do on Catherine's Character and have to hand in tomorrow and we were given no notes at al
zizi
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Helpppppp
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by zizi)
i agree with u!!! it REALLY SUCKS!
but at least u r cleva enough 2 get A by not reading it... not everybody is like that....
We looked through it so much in class, finding important quotes and stuff, and I could just sit quietly and copy all the useful quotes and page refs down.

And we watched the film to put all these random quotes in context.
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by corey)
What exactly did you find wrong with it? Its my all time favourite book
I just found it difficult to read, I think it was the way that it hung at certain parts of the story to totally go into far too much detail. Like the dream near the beginning. And I found them so boring and time consuming that by the end I'd forgotten the original context again!

I read about a third properly. Then I skimmed at varying speeds (from scanning through a page for important detail to skipping whole chapters that didn't look very useful) to the end of Volume One. Then I'd had enough.
pedy1986
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by thefish_uk)
I just found it difficult to read, I think it was the way that it hung at certain parts of the story to totally go into far too much detail. Like the dream near the beginning. And I found them so boring and time consuming that by the end I'd forgotten the original context again!

I read about a third properly. Then I skimmed at varying speeds (from scanning through a page for important detail to skipping whole chapters that didn't look very useful) to the end of Volume One. Then I'd had enough.
The dream was vital to showing the blocking out of civilisation and the distinction between the realm of Cathy/Heathcliff and normal 'society'.

Not a true English student my friend.
zizi
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
PEOPLE >>>> i hav to finish my wuthering height coursework by tomorrow.... i'm stuck in the introduction
the topic is:
the real tragedy of catherin and heathcliff was that their separation was brought about not by fate, nor by family but with the power of social class.
if anybody can help me and give me 2 paragraphs about the above topic e-mail it to me on:
[email protected]
i really need this help...
thank u
i'll do u a favour in return...!
i promise..
and plz choose ur title as wuthering heights so that i wont delet it by mistake!!
thanx again
bye
xiaoya
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by corey)
What exactly did you find wrong with it? Its my all time favourite book
nayeem18
Report 15 years ago
" The real tragedy of Heathcliff and Catherin is that their separation was brought about not by fate, nor by family, but by the power of social class. " - Catherine was an egocentric person whos actions and behaviour had been predetermined by her family member and society .

I see the reflection of what happened in the Victorian society , sometimes , in the 21st century , when someone I like told me that she wouldn't marry someone as nerdy and low as me .

I read wuthering heights all by ma self . no pun or offense intended .
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (191)
22.66%
The paper was reasonable (389)
46.14%
Not feeling great about that exam... (156)
18.51%
It was TERRIBLE (107)
12.69%

Watched Threads