The Student Room Group

BMAT for biomedical sciences?

I was told by my careers adviser that I don't need to do BMAT for biomedical sciences and I read somewhere else that I do. I'm very confused! :eek: Please help?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Madmaz
I was told by my careers adviser that I don't need to do BMAT for biomedical sciences and I read somewhere else that I do. I'm very confused! :eek: Please help?

I didn't do any kind of admissions test!!
I have never heard of that for BMS !!
Only at Imperial, maybe Oxbridge - but check that on their website.
Original post by Madmaz

You will only need to do BMAT for Biomed if you apply to Imperial.
At least, that's the only place I saw that needed it.
Reply 4

Thank you so much! I will be having a word with my careers adviser tomorrow!

Does anyone know how I go about doing BMAT?
Original post by Madmaz
Thank you so much! I will be having a word with my careers adviser tomorrow!

Does anyone know how I go about doing BMAT?

http://www.admissionstests.cambridgeassessment.org.uk/adt/bmat
Reply 6

Does anyone know if UCL want BMAT for biomed? I've looked but can't seem to find it
Original post by Me1996
Does anyone know if UCL want BMAT for biomed? I've looked but can't seem to find it

I'm in the same boat as you. Someone told me they do but I can't seem to find it on their website anywhere :/
Original post by Me1996

Original post by Soontobesuper
I'm in the same boat as you. Someone told me they do but I can't seem to find it on their website anywhere :/

They don't.
Reply 9
Hi Guys,

I have been offered a place on the Access to Medicine and Medical Biosciences course at City and Islington College.

The universities in London that require BMAT are:

UCL
Imperial.

You can find this on the website www.kaptest.co.uk/courses/uk-university/bmat/test/information

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Mel.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by Me1996

Yes they do....
Reply 11
i'm doing biomed this year and i didn't have to do BMATs
Original post by Mel1982
Yes they do....

No they don't.

You quoted a website saying they require it for medicine, not for biomed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by Waterstorm
No they don't.

You quoted a website saying they require it for medicine, not for biomed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Apologies, you are correct!....Sorry I am new to all this and somewhat confused! I have to do the BMAT before I start my Access course in September at City and Islington College for Access to Medicine and Medical Bioscience! I have to arrange to do it at an independent centre and show evidence of my score when I start the course!That is what I was told! Even though I do not wish to go in to medicine it is for uni apps and to assess your potential....I want to do the 3yr Biomed degree after the Access....

Regards,

Mel.
It is needed for Imperial http://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/ug/courses/school-of-medicine/biomedical-science/ and I can't see it on UCL's page. Not that that means it's not required. This is quite a while after the original question I realise but I was looking for an answer to this for 2016 entry so it is still important information now!
I haven't had to do one, but it probably differs from uni to uni. If you're not sure maybe contact the head of the department just to be safe?
Hi i hope this thread is still going on. I know that only some colleges require BMAT for biomedical science. But lets say we took BMAT, but we apply to a uni that doesn't require it. Will that give an advantage or will it be redundant?
I had an offer from UCL for biomed, they DO NOT require the BMAT.

Imperial does, however.
does UCL still not require BMAT for biomed?
NO unis apart from Oxford

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending