This discussion is closed.
Ensocopier
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Does anyone care? Do people think Tony Blair will still be PM by the end of the week?
Daveo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ensocopier)
Does anyone care? Do people think Tony Blair will still be PM by the end of the week?
Unfortunately i'm fairly sure Tony Blair will still be PM because Hutton would never be allowed to criticise the PM!
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well poliitians back each other up so I think we will still be PM by this time next week.

I think he will still be PM in 6 years time (or at least labour will still be in charge). Now that Howard is the leader of the tories I think the tories have a better chance than before though.
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Long live Blair.
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
Unfortunately i'm fairly sure Tony Blair will still be PM because Hutton would never be allowed to fully inededendently criticise the PM!
oooh nice word - what does it mean? By the way Blair will either go next week or in 10 years time when i will win as the Liberal Democrat leader
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Kurdt Morello)
oooh nice word - what does it mean? By the way Blair will either go next week or in 10 years time when i will win as the Liberal Democrat leader
and believe me i will do it
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Liberal democrats. Ha.
Daveo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
OOPS!
I really must check my spelling!
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Is it really likely for him to resign that quickly?

**reads BBC report**

Well, it would certainly be interesting if he did.
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
not when you come against me and Kelvin MAckenzie as the tories
Daveo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
not when you come against me and Kelvin MAckenzie as the tories
You'll all be running behind the BNP by then! Not that I would vote for them.
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
OOPS!
I really must check my spelling!
what word were u trying to use ? Anyway the tories are a dying breed - dinosaurs without teeth - howard is a bumbler and what he says is completely at odds with Ancram - Liberal Democrats won't win till i become leader
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I would love to see either the lib dems or the tories replace this cocky interfering labour government.
Daveo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
what word were u trying to use ? Anyway the tories are a dying breed - dinosaurs without teeth - howard is a bumbler and what he says is completely at odds with Ancram - Liberal Democrats won't win till i become leader
The word I was using didnt really make sense so i just altered it!
magicalsausage
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I doubt if Michael Howard will be able to win over any of Labour's traditional supporters, though he will almost certainly appeal to a great deal of the upple-middle class floating voters. But will that be enough?
Daveo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by magicalsausage)
I doubt if Michael Howard will be able to win over any of Labour's traditional supporters, though he will almost certainly appeal to a great deal of the upple-middle class floating voters. But will that be enough?
No! At least i thouroughly hope not! I'd vote for anybody over howard.
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Perhaps, labour have a humungous majority though. It won't be easy, but Howard is a talented orator, so he might find a soapbox, and the rest will be history.
magicalsausage
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
No! At least i thouroughly hope not! I'd vote for anybody over howard.
I agree completely. Some of his policies seem to be marking a return to the 19th century! And it seems strange that when the Tories are struggling so much they choose someone so right-wing as their leader, instead of somebody more radical who could steal the Labour vote.
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I agree completely. Some of his policies seem to be marking a return to the 19th century! And it seems strange that when the Tories are struggling so much they choose someone so right-wing as their leader, instead of somebody more radical who could steal the Labour vote.
enter Kenneth Clark stage 'left'
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
enter Kenneth Clark stage 'left'
If only Portillo had ambition.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (529)
66.71%
No (264)
33.29%

Watched Threads