Turn on thread page Beta

Hutton Report watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jammyd)
    If only Portillo had ambition.
    portillo was a jumped up homosexual who was vehemently opposed to foreigners yet was a Spaniard (what an insult to such a cultural nation) -He was too slimy and if he was any greasier the greasy pole would be better used as an anal probe for one of his wild nights (ok to us wild but to him, who knows ...?)

ReputationRep:
    If only Portillo had ambition.
    He does have ambition, the problem is that he thought that not enough people in the party would back his vote, as he's a moderniser and well there aren't that many of em in the tories. However, had he been leader, he would certainly be appealing to way more people than smug ol' Howard. Inside the party I'm not sure he would have been voted in, if there was a leadership contest, look what happened last time, but if he did make it in, wow how popular the tories would be....it would have been Goodbye Mr Blair. It's a great disappointment Portillo's giving up politics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BossLady)
    He does have ambition, the problem is that he thought that not enough people in the party would back his vote, as he's a moderniser and well there aren't that many of em in the tories. However, had he been leader, he would certainly be appealing to way more people than smug ol' Howard. Inside the party I'm not sure he would have been voted in, if there was a leadership contest, look what happened last time, but if he did make it in, wow how popular the tories would be....it would have been Goodbye Mr Blair. It's a great disappointment Portillo's giving up politics.
    Yeah, Portillo would have more mass appeal. We'll have to stick with 'this week'.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, Portillo would have more mass appeal. We'll have to stick with 'this week'.
    who would he appeal to - fag-hags and other homosexuals - no this isnt a rant against gays but what man or woman would vote a same-sex orientated male in spite of his policies - he would get the pink vote no doubt (hey i was getting more politically correct as i went along - this is an improvement i can assure you) The real world is extraordinarily cruel you know!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurdt Morello)
    who would he appeal to - fag-hags and other homosexuals - no this isnt a rant against gays but what man or woman would vote a same-sex orientated male in spite of his policies - he would get the pink vote no doubt (hey i was getting more politically correct as i went along - this is an improvement i can assure you) The real world is extraordinarily cruel you know!
    I think if portillo was tory leader he would have a good chance. he is socially liberal enough.

ReputationRep:
    I think he would be very popular with the youth who don't remember what he was like when the Tories were last in power. And those who do remember won't be convinced by his new attempt at becoming popular (which he is pulling off extraordinarily well).

That said, I am one of the ones who is too young to remember, so my opinions on him are based mainly on what people have told me and what I have read.

ReputationRep:
    I think if portillo was tory leader he would have a good chance. he is socially liberal enough.
    not really,

ReputationRep:
    lol I love watching Portillo, Diane Abbot and that Andrew Neil guy on "this week"!! It should be on for longer and earlier. It's great when Diane Abbot use to try and knock Portillo a bit, but he'd just take it on the chin and grin haha. I think she's tired of that now...

(Original post by Kurdt Morello)
    So he admitted having some gay experiences in the past. Big deal, I'm sure loads of the politicians experimented with their sexuality during their college years and so forth. He's happily married now, and even if he wasn't I couldn't give a crap about his personal life. Okay, alot of people do care, but since hes married ie heterosexual (or bi at least), your argument is pointless. Anyways the fact that he had gay experiences in the past may encourage more gay people to vote for the tories too(in addition to heterosexuals), i mean lets face it, i doubt they have the 'gay' vote lol

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.