Persistently itchy nipple (female)

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
This is really bothering me. My left nipple is itchy and sensitive and has been this way for last few weeks. I have been putting special lotion for dry skiin on it and it hasnt made a difference. Anybody had this before? Really appreciate any help on this its driving me mad. Also my right nipple is fine. Im 20 by the way so been through puberty.
Nick Longjohnson
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Sure its not the bras?

I have a few t-shirts with logos on them that make my left nipple itch like mad
ibysaiyan
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I know of a remedy... Let me lick it /them hun =]
On a more serious note could it be an infection perhaps? do you see any discoloration of skin ? :s
RazzleMazzle
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Have a wash/Use soap/ make sure u scrub/ get some clean clothes.
Put some talcpowder on it.

God damn.
secret_geek
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
sorry but, LOOL!
Dub777
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You have nipple-itus you need to keep on washing it to keep it clean...I advise you go to a real doctor though and get it diagnosed properly rather than listening to randomers
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Nick Longjohnson)
Sure its not the bras?

I have a few t-shirts with logos on them that make my left nipple itch like mad
hmm.. i havent been wearing new bras though.. the washing powder might be a reason.. thanks for the suggestion
Ultimate_Geek
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Just the one? Bit odd.

I was going to suggest irritation due to washing powder/bra rubbing but now...:erm:.
Have you tried a bit of Sudocrem on overnight? Works wonders for anything that itches.
username418231
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've had this before, you might have excma (sorry for the bad spelling). Go to the the doctor. Maybe try using creams to relieve it like sudocream or aqueous cream, and be careful of what soaps you use.
spocckka
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
This is hot
Anonymous #1
I know there are plenty of IDIOTS on this site, but this site can also be very helpful at times if the right people respond.

No infection, no discolouration.
TheRealDarthVader
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Semen is a good remedy. I can give you some.
kristinaalovesu
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I hope it's not fungus. Sometimes it could be an indication that your period is coming soon.
Tango189
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
See your GP.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Dee Leigh)
I've had this before, you might have excma (sorry for the bad spelling). Go to the the doctor. Maybe try using creams to relieve it like sudocream or aqueous cream, and be careful of what soaps you use.
thanks for the reply.. ive been using epaderm cream on it which is especially for eczema/dry skin.. i have not got eczema though... how long did it last for for you? did you have eczema? its become more sensitive as well.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Ultimate_Geek)
Just the one? Bit odd.

I was going to suggest irritation due to washing powder/bra rubbing but now...:erm:.
Have you tried a bit of Sudocrem on overnight? Works wonders for anything that itches.

might give it a go. thanks
ibysaiyan
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I know there are plenty of IDIOTS on this site, but this site can also be very helpful at times if the right people respond.

No infection, no discolouration.
With that reply it's safe to assume that I am one of those sensible ones.
Thank you OP
back to stellar evolution...
Hylean
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
thanks for the reply.. ive been using epaderm cream on it which is especially for eczema/dry skin.. i have not got eczema though... how long did it last for for you? did you have eczema? its become more sensitive as well.
How does it look? If it's inflamed, red, flaky, it's likely to be something like eczema or another skin condition.

You can get eczema at any stage in your life for whatever reason, so if you want a diagnosis, you'll have to see your GP.

The non-prescription creams and ointments will not do much if it's a bad outbreak. Generally, they don't help. Nipples are a separate type of skin as well, which means that you can't assume a general, overall cream or ointment will work.

I have eczema on both my nipples. It's a *****, but get it seen to before it starts weeping. Once it hits that stage, you'll have to get special pads to dry it out and whatnot before you can calm the outbreak. Believe me, it's sore and annoying.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ibysaiyan)
With that reply it's safe to assume that I am one of those sensible ones.
Thank you OP
back to stellar evolution...
You question was valid, but you are an idiot.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Hylean)
How does it look? If it's inflamed, red, flaky, it's likely to be something like eczema or another skin condition.

You can get eczema at any stage in your life for whatever reason, so if you want a diagnosis, you'll have to see your GP.

The non-prescription creams and ointments will not do much if it's a bad outbreak. Generally, they don't help. Nipples are a separate type of skin as well, which means that you can't assume a general, overall cream or ointment will work.

I have eczema on both my nipples. It's a *****, but get it seen to before it starts weeping. Once it hits that stage, you'll have to get special pads to dry it out and whatnot before you can calm the outbreak. Believe me, it's sore and annoying.
thank you for this. i have actually randomly been getting very dry skin on my face and lips but i thought this might be the cold weather... but im thining its linked now. its not flakey or red just sensitive and itchy but the other one is absolutely fine. ive never sufferend from eczema or dry skin. has yours got better? what did you use?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (707)
33.94%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (890)
42.73%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (393)
18.87%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.46%

Watched Threads