Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    *Tribute Thread*

WCCO) Minneapolis World Wrestling Entertainment wrestler Eddie Guerrero was found dead in his hotel room in Minneapolis, the organization said Sunday.

Guerrero, 38, was found at the Marriott City Center in downtown Minneapolis. He was in town for Sunday night's "WWE Supershow" TV taping at Target Center.

Police were called to the hotel just after 7:30 a.m. and attempts were made to revive the wrestler, Minneapolis Police Department spokesperson Ron Reier said.

The Hennepin County Medical Examiner was at the hotel. Additional information on Guerrero's death was not immediately available.

Guerrero was a featured star on the UPN series "WWE Smackdown!" and the subject of a full-length DVD titled "Cheating Death, Stealing Life."

Son of legendary Mexican wrestler Gory Guerrero, Eddie Guerrero has also wrestled with World Championship Wrestling and Extreme Championship Wrestling, among other federations. His nephew, Chavo Guerrero, Jr., also wrestles with WWE.

Guerrero grew up in El Paso, Texas. He was married with three children, World Wrestling Entertainment said.
    i haven't felt this sad since the day that Chris Candido died

R.I.P

ReputationRep:
    that is quite sad, i was once a fan of Eddie. oh well, at least it wasnt an Owen Hart style tragic death.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reloaded)
    at least it wasnt an Owen Hart style tragic death.
    Very true...though it's sad to see yet another great wrestler pass away, regardless of the circumstances of his death.

ReputationRep:
    OMG! Are you being serious? Eddie Guerrero is dead?? Bloody hell...

Going to be weird not seeing him on the wrestling from now on.

ReputationRep:
    I have'nt watched WWE in ages but he was a LEGEND even when he was supposed to be bad I always loved him, R.I.P amigo.

ReputationRep:
    Even weirder for his kids not seeing him walk through the door in the evenings for dinner

ReputationRep:
    Wow. Can't really believe it, I haven't watched wrestling for years and years but he was one of the few that were really gifted in the ring and had a fair bit of charisma.

Real pity.

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh man. That's terrible.

ReputationRep:
    I heard he died from an overdose?

ReputationRep:
    I have tried doing a search on the net but I cant find anything about the circumstances. I suppose its possible what with the problems he had with drugs in his past. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

ReputationRep:
    Theres been a few wrestlers that died from past years, i think working in the wrestling industry is very dangerous, with accidents, drugs, and conflict.

I feel sad too

ReputationRep:
    omg, wtf :eek:

ReputationRep:
    My life, Thats a huge shock. R.I.P. I can say that you made me proud of being a wrestling fan in my earlier days!

ReputationRep:
    im sure he died someother way, heart failures probably a cover up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ledzep15)
    im sure he died someother way, heart failures probably a cover up
    Doesn't everyone die of heart failure, regardless of manner?!

That's a lot like the Drowning Pool singer; cause of death was announced as heart failure, but a lot of people think it was drugs. His family and friends didn't want to taint his death, which is reasonable, so the media was told that cause instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spamking)
    *Tribute Thread*

R.I.P
    Damn it...RIP eddie!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reloaded)
    that is quite sad, i was once a fan of Eddie. oh well, at least it wasnt an Owen Hart style tragic death.
    :eek: Owen Hart is dead?! wait a minute... im getting confused, the cool wrestler was 'brett 'the hitman' hart'??? when we were all kids right?

ReputationRep:
    Owen is Bret's brother. He died quite some time ago now attempting a stunt as his ring entrance during a PPV event in 1999. He was to be lowered into the ring from the top of the arena via a safety harness, but it was released prematurely and he fell a considerable distance onto a turnbuckle. He was pronounced dead soon after.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spamking)
    *Tribute Thread*

R.I.P
    Woah man thats a shock,
    Thats the worst death in wrestling ive heard of in ages, its weird when you think i only watched him on smackdown on friday

ReputationRep:
    No more Latino Heat

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 22, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.