Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I bought a old Celica for $400 and sold it for $900, and a Mustang for $1200 and sold it for $1700 . If I come across good bargain, I just buy it and sell it on for a couple of hundred more; it's so easy.

Did anyone ever watch that show on M&M "Wrecks to Riches"? They started out with about £200 and after about 10 or so car sales, they were up to about £12,000 or something like that :eek: It's not as easy as it was on that show because he had a lot of good contacts on cheap cars. But it's still pretty easy.

The only hard part is when people ask you, "Oh, why are you selling it?" To make money off of you :cool:

ReputationRep:
    i got my P reg corsa (1996) for £900 and is a dream! i loves it :p: try looking in local newspapers and on the auto trader website!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by walshie)
    I wouldn't reccommend a £500 car at all. If you really think you'll use that other £500 for Uni your sadly mistaken. Half of cars under a K will need repairs of some sort.

I just tempted a girlfriend to buy a suitable car rather than a 1k job. It will cost her 1k in the year for repairs whereas the car I have reccommended will depreciate by around £1200 in the year where the chances of a breakdown are minimal and the reliability outstanding. It just makes sense.

45bhp Corsa? Even the 65bhp are so gutless that a half attempt at accelerating should see the gearbox and engine fooked. The 75bhp ones are quite nippy though (sxi and other 1.2l variants of the corsa c)
    Ur chattin bare human waste, I have a K reg fiesta, it cost me 300 quid and has lasted me 3yrs and got me al the way thru uni with only needin new tyres and an exhaust.

ReputationRep:
    My mates K reg Fiesta has just got through the MOT, it needed new front discs, some welding and a new spark plug. It runs like a brand new car now, its so smooth. Considering its cost him £250 to buy, 9 months later £170 for an MOT I think that is a bargain.

ReputationRep:
    Ur chattin bare s**t mate
    *Points in horror*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louise28k)
    Ur chattin bare human waste, I have a K reg fiesta, it cost me 300 quid and has lasted me 3yrs and got me al the way thru uni with only needin new tyres and an exhaust.
    Of course I'm chatting crap! :rolleyes:

Your 300pound Fiesta is a gutsy performer then. Did you really not think that I was going to have people like you tell me I 'm wrong when your cheap car has lasted a certain amount of time? Please.

Its about law of averages, not a single car. AT has his opinion as do I. End of discussion.

ReputationRep:
    I was saving £2000 for a nice first car but after reading this thread it seems that £2000 is way too much :rolleyes:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.