Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    so many shoes...so little time to buy them all (oh and money)

ReputationRep:
    How often would you wear such shoes? I have pairs of heels smaller than those that I barely wear, if at all. They're not really my style, and sorry to be snobby, but for £100 (a little excessive, no?) I'd rather have a brand I'd heard of.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by No Future)
    How often would you wear such shoes? I have pairs of heels smaller than those that I barely wear, if at all. They're not really my style, and sorry to be snobby, but for £100 (a little excessive, no?) I'd rather have a brand I'd heard of.
    Also, that style was very in a few years ago so they'll probably be places to get similar shoes cheaper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Future)
    But I love and adore them... reduced to £70 (not that that helps much). You're right though, I wouldn't wear them often... though once I turn 18 and start going clubbing in the city, they'd come into their own.

Juno: I think the style is coming back. I've seen shoes in this style floating round on catwalk pictures this season.

If they're still there tomorrow, I'll buy them. I have a passion for big, theatrical clothes and these are certainly that.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    My point wasn't supposed to be that they were "so last season" or whatever, it was that because they're not really now you should be able to find them cheaper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    My point wasn't supposed to be that they were "so last season" or whatever, it was that because they're not really now you should be able to find them cheaper.
    I've had a look round the internet, but typing in 'wedges' or 'tiered wedges' comes up with traditional, last year's wedges or... golf clubs.

This style of heel is unique to Terry de Havilland, I think. That's part of the reason I'm so keen on them. I could never afford anything from his main 05/06 collection so the diffusion range is the next best thing.

Oh well... have found more on vivaladiva.com but they're 80/90 pounds.

ReputationRep:
    Hideous. They look like 3, 4-packs of, Original, spearmint and sugar free Polos strapped to your feet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    Hideous. They look like 3, 4-packs of, Original, spearmint and sugar free Polos strapped to your feet.
    You're giving me ideas... *pictured polo packs strapped to feet*

No, some people hate D-Havz, its a perfectly natural reaction.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like them and wouldn't wear them personally. However, most people hate stuff I have so if you really love them then go for it. Otherwise they will go out of stock and you will obsess over them for years and years and wish you'd bought them. My motto: you can always sell it on ebay!

ReputationRep:
    Not too keen on them personally, they look a bit cheap in my opinion, but if you love them then buy them dont worry what anyone else thinks!

ReputationRep:
    they'd be good for a 70's disco....

ReputationRep:
    i think they r disgusting

ReputationRep:
    Love em!! id wear them with a short skirt and Opaque Black Tights,

ReputationRep:
    I just bought them, wahey! Ahem.

(Original post by karina)
    Love em!! id wear them with a short skirt and Opaque Black Tights,
    I've got a grey courduroy mini (but not too mini) that I can wear them with, and a dress that is mid-thigh, in silvery-grey. Oh, and a funky pencil skirt. All with opaque black tights, or patterened tights perhaps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mata)
    I'm thinking of asking for these for Christmas. Just asked my mum what she thought, and she made noises about me being too tall and the conversation ended with me shouting, "Oh go away, like you know anything about shoes anyway... stupid woman!"

Are these shoes bad? Tacky (I'm slightly worried)? Would you wear them?

http://www.asos.com/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=12492
    it depends who wears it and how you wear it.
    i don't think they are right for this season, and they are way too high!!!
    And i personally find them tacky sorry! The colour is another reason, thats what put me off them

ReputationRep:
    they're cool!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fiesty_fox)
    it depends who wears it and how you wear it.
    i don't think they are right for this season, and they are way too high!!!
    And i personally find them tacky sorry! The colour is another reason, thats what put me off them
    Well, I'm tall, have a big semi-afro and am rather loud. I'm known for being experimental with fashion and getting away with it.

I know they aren't one of the 'key looks' of the season, but Terry De Havilland has been coming back since 2004 and has been featured in European versions of Vogue this season.

I figured some people would find them tacky, but enough people like them for me not to really worry.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm...I not a fan of them and I don't think they're worth that much money. A tad tacky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DartsOfPleasure)
    Hmm...I not a fan of them and I don't think they're worth that much money. A tad tacky
    Terry De Havilland

I know this means nothing to most people, but people like Angie Bowie, Britt Ekland and Bianca Jagger have worn his shoes. The diffusion range is the answer to my prayers.

Yes, they're slightly flashy and tacky, but that's the point. They're statement, shameless 'look at me' shoes which speak of an attitude and style to match.

I'm defending them so vehemently now because I've bought them, and there's no turning back. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Ha ha! Trying to convince yourself it was the right choice!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.