The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I'm seriously worried. If I still haven't received the date, does that mean that they aren't going to invite me for an interview? I've sent the SAQ and two essays :frown:
Reply 61
People remember I said someone was allocated via Open for Catz Econs...well I'm mighty sorry but the dolt who told me this was a bit confuzzled. They were actually allocated to Johns - sorry for any confusion :smile:
a room on the bottom floor of the I block is small, i had it at the maths open day. apparently the person who had it last had been drunkenly sick on every carpet tile in the room.
i think catz beat trinity last year for maths.
it is a brilliant place to be, everybody is really friendly. and it doesnt get millions of tourists taking photos of the place because of its neighbour. i just hope i get in, i will be devastated (sp?)

when did you send your form off? i sent mine on the 5th, and got an interview on the 10th, so your date should be soon, hopefully
Reply 63
Ette-leia
I'm seriously worried. If I still haven't received the date, does that mean that they aren't going to invite me for an interview? I've sent the SAQ and two essays :frown:

you are not supposed to send essays at catz! they dont want any written work... who told you to do it?
Reply 64
nicolo
you are not supposed to send essays at catz! they dont want any written work... who told you to do it?

you are if they tell you to :rolleyes: for Oriental Studies, which I believe she's applying for, you're asked to submit work. feel free to beat me with a big stick if I'm wrong. but gently :wink: .
Reply 65
brunswick
you are if they tell you to :rolleyes: for Oriental Studies, which I believe she's applying for, you're asked to submit work. feel free to beat me with a big stick if I'm wrong. but gently :wink: .

Yeah you're right, it says so in that table in the back of the prospectus. :smile:
Reply 66
MikeyB!
lol, whats so bad about him then?

He's a bit *ahem* keen on 'discipline'. He's especially *not* keen on drunkenness.

But hey.

yes Noel i'm a catz fresher - hobson's 2 :biggrin:
snak3uk
He's a bit *ahem* keen on 'discipline'. He's especially *not* keen on drunkenness.

But hey.

yes Noel i'm a catz fresher - hobson's 2 :biggrin:

He's a mean old man...
Reply 68
haha ah ok
sorry for the no written work thing... its probably just for economics
shouldnt really jump to conclusions that way :biggrin: :biggrin: terribly sorry :wink: and there will b no hitting with any sort of stick :viking: :p:
Reply 69
December the 5th for me!! At 9... bright an early... yuck

They aren't offering accommodation though!
MikeyB!
December the 5th for me!! At 9... bright an early... yuck

They aren't offering accommodation though!

We don't have to leave until 11th so they won't have anywhere to put you!! I'll still be around then I think, it'll be wried to think it's a whole year since I had to do it. Good Luck!!
Reply 71
brunswick

:smile: Yes, they asked to send one or two essays so I did... Anyway, I'm trying to stay calm and remember all the tales about how bad the british postal system is :rolleyes: If I don't get a letter next week, I'll phone them, I guess. There will be no plane tickets later... *sigh*
Reply 72
Dec. 13th for me ( geog)
Reply 73
bigluce
Dec. 13th for me ( geog)
That is rather late. Interviews start on 5th this year.
Reply 74
DEC 13th for me too...

I assume they want the best applicants at the last:P:P:
Reply 75
lol, thats what I told my parents when they said "So soon?"
Reply 76
Lillith Grimore
Are there any lawyers applying to Catz floating around? I should warn them about the evilness that is Ferran...

???? Help I have an interview with Ferran on 7th December. What's wrong with him/her? Will the evilness be cancelled out by Dr Melikan???
Hannah55
???? Help I have an interview with Ferran on 7th December. What's wrong with him/her? Will the evilness be cancelled out by Dr Melikan???

Melikan? Oh right, not Elliot then, he's a mini-genius. Ferran...she's OK i guess, got a bit of a bad rep cos she's a bitch in interviews but she did just get a professorship so she's got to be doing something right. She's OK to talk to as a person, but I found her a tough interviewer. My advice for Melikan would be think very carefully about the words you actually use and how you phrase them - she's always picking me up on stuff like that. Grrrr. Who do you have for the general interview?
Reply 78
I got my interview date!!! It's Dec 6, at 2.30pm and 4pm. The second one will be in the Faculty of Oriental Studies. I'm sooooo scared - I am sure they'll want to hear how I speak Chinese, and I know so little :eek:
Reply 79
im applying to catz for economics too

except i dont hav a hope in hell

Latest