The Student Room Group

Criminology modules within psychology degree

I am applying for psychology next year, however I am really interested in criminology. I dont really want to do a single honours degree in criminology though. So far, the only joint honours I have on my ucas is Criminology and Psychology at Swansea. Does anyone know of any single honours psychology courses which have modules in criminology, or a joint honours degree at a 'good' university?
I just had a lecture on crime and personality and they said that in the 3rd year you can choose advanced modules, one of which is psychology and crime (this is at York, but other universities do advanced modules in the 3rd year)

Another option is doing a straight Psychology degree, and then an MSc in Forensic Psychology
Reply 2
most of the psychology courses do criminology modules, you just have to check the prospectus. (look at the ones Ive applied to, cos i wanted to do criminology too..) :smile:

--------------

also, check ucas.com and type in criminology in the search box? i haven't tried that before but most of my friends used that when choosing their unis. I preferred getting the prospectus myself, but that's just me.
I do Psychology with Criminology at Chester.
Reply 4
I'm doing Criminology and Psyschology @ Sheff Hallam and I love it. :biggrin:

Gem
Reply 5
I wanna do psych and crim but I cannot write a PS for the life of me mwahhhh :confused:
Reply 6
im goin 2 b doin Crim wit Psychology next year, heres were ive applied...(jus recieved conditional offer @ lon met.
Reply 7
Becks1871
im goin 2 b doin Crim wit Psychology next year, heres were ive applied...(jus recieved conditional offer @ lon met.

I cannot afford to live in London and dont wanna get blown up on the tube MWAHHH :confused:

Latest