Driving test certificate Watch

This discussion is closed.
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Does anyone know what happens if you lose your driving test certificate, theory test certificate, driving license(provisional) and paper part of the license?

I stuffed the whole lot in an envelope ready to send off for my driving license, and Ive lost the envelope. So what happens now?
jammyd
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by imasillynarb)
Does anyone know what happens if you lose your driving test certificate, theory test certificate, driving license(provisional) and paper part of the license?

I stuffed the whole lot in an envelope ready to send off for my driving license, and Ive lost the envelope. So what happens now?
You may need to apply again.
munchie_rox
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
can u not ring the place where u took the test~? other than that i dunno sorry
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

It always amazes me to see someone who registers a name like "imasillynarb" to report something stupid that they've done, and three weeks later they're still doing silly things.

Well done!
SpAnIsH_fLy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
That is something quite serioz.
mayb fone up the DVLA and u better get the second part of ure licence ASAP. i think with the other certificates u needn't worry
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

Contact your test centre, they only give you one copy and keep the other copy on file. Same with the theory test certificate also your theory test certificate number should be on the copy of your test certificate which your driving test centre should have on file. As for your Prov driving license ring up the DVLA about it. They will prob say there is no point reapplying for it as you are going to get it replaced with your full license. So first step contact the test centre if in doubt contact your driving instructor and ask them for advice I'm sure you are not the first person thats ever happened to.

You could phone up the number here and ask for advice
http://www.dvla.gov.uk/faq/faq_lost_documents.htm#3

Also tip for anyone else getting their license. Pay to have the post office check done that way they check that your form is filled in right, you dont have to get anyone to sign the back of your photo because they verify it for you, you also dont have to send off your passport or whatever else it is you have as ID if you dont have a photocard and they give you a receipt for it. So if your application gets lost in the post at least you have verification that you sent it off. Its worth every penny.
Barny
Rep:
?
(Original post by thefish_uk)
It always amazes me to see someone who registers a name like "imasillynarb" to report something stupid that they've done, and three weeks later they're still doing silly things.

Well done!
That didn't make any sense. WELL DONE!
Barny
Rep:
?
(Original post by viviki)
Contact your test centre, they only give you one copy and keep the other copy on file. Same with the theory test certificate also your theory test certificate number should be on the copy of your test certificate which your driving test centre should have on file. As for your Prov driving license ring up the DVLA about it. They will prob say there is no point reapplying for it as you are going to get it replaced with your full license. So first step contact the test centre if in doubt contact your driving instructor and ask them for advice I'm sure you are not the first person thats ever happened to.

You could phone up the number here and ask for advice
http://www.dvla.gov.uk/faq/faq_lost_documents.htm#3

Also tip for anyone else getting their license. Pay to have the post office check done that way they check that your form is filled in right, you dont have to get anyone to sign the back of your photo because they verify it for you, you also dont have to send off your passport or whatever else it is you have as ID if you dont have a photocard and they give you a receipt for it. So if your application gets lost in the post at least you have verification that you sent it off. Its worth every penny.
Yeh Ive just phoned my driving instructor she said the DVLA will have everything on record, and Ill just need to send a new cheque out to pay for the new full license. Thanks for the help
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (141)
46.08%
Pro-humanity (165)
53.92%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed