Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have the official criteria? Or know where to get it?

Thanx!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone? I've tried searching the internet and have come up with conflicting sources (when it comes to word count, what is acceptable as a key passage and so on).

ReputationRep:
    do you have the language A1 syllabus?
    in that you can find general assessment criteria for world literature assignment, i don't know where you can find criteria special for WLA 2 though.

ReputationRep:
    ^I got some notes from the teacher, saying 2c should be an analysis of a key passage, but it doesn't say what a key passage could be (lenght wise). I'm currently analysing two sentences, and was wondering if that is actually acceptable.
    this is it btw:
    It was as if God had decided to put to the test every capacity for surprise and was keeping the inhabitants of Macondo in a permanent alternation between excitement and disappointment, doubt and revelation, to such an extreme that no one knew for certain where the limits of reality lay. It was an intricate stew of truths and mirages that convulsed the ghost of José Arcadio Buendía with impatience and made him wander all through the house even in broad daylight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linda)
    ^I got some notes from the teacher, saying 2c should be an analysis of a key passage, but it doesn't say what a key passage could be (lenght wise). I'm currently analysing two sentences, and was wondering if that is actually acceptable.
    this is it btw:
    It was as if God had decided to put to the test every capacity for surprise and was keeping the inhabitants of Macondo in a permanent alternation between excitement and disappointment, doubt and revelation, to such an extreme that no one knew for certain where the limits of reality lay. It was an intricate stew of truths and mirages that convulsed the ghost of José Arcadio Buendía with impatience and made him wander all through the house even in broad daylight.
    unfortunalety i can't find anything about that, i think we have different papers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linda)
    Anyone? I've tried searching the internet and have come up with conflicting sources (when it comes to word count, what is acceptable as a key passage and so on).
    The Key passage is supposed to be up to 40 lines in length. It can be shorter than that but I don't what they mean by 'short' and whether under 10 lines would be acceptable or not....personally, I think it is fine because it is up to you to choose what you think is important or not. Besides, as long as you dont go over the limit, it should be fine, right? What does your English teacher say?

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.