The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
wizard
self-deluded - thats me! It wasn't all manufactured mind you...i know for a fact ...i overheard her calling me 'sweet', glancing at me too, whatever that was about...i had misinterpreted things badly, never mind..

thanks for those comments, done my confidence wonders. :wink:

Maybe she had secretly tasted your skin at night and you tasted "sweet." See: there are many other plausible, reasonable explanations. Why didn't you think of them?

That's what I'm here for: to make others feel better about their crappy lives.
SlyPie
Maybe she had secretly tasted your skin at night and you tasted "sweet." See: there are many other plausible, reasonable explanations. Why didn't you think of them?

I'm a sweet baby jesus.
Slypie......i was wondering why you were member of the 'wit' society?
You have this fantastic psychoanalysis talent slypie...care to share the secret?
Reply 22
You make me sad.

I think the divorce rate would be a lot higher if people didn't date in their teens, cause they wouldn't know what a 'wrong' relationship was like and would just get married.

I agree, some people take it too far, with one boy/girlfriend straight after the previous one is gone. But in the end, it's useful life experience for us all.

NB. No, I am not one of these 'playas'. My current boyfriend is my first one and we'll have been together two years next month.
Reply 23
i think you're wrong. when i was 16 i went out with a guy for 2 years and over that 2 years i definately became to love him
Reply 24
Ah ... it depends on the number of guys it takes to satisfy a girl.
It was put strongly, but i don't feel you've read the following-on posts where i've gone specific rather than somewhat generalizing in my initial post...had you read them, i think you would agree with the fickleties of some relations...but youth can be fickle, socially fickle. I just don't like it when one minute someone is madly professing their love for someone, two weeks later, that same madly in love one has split up with his/her love oh his/her life, and got with someone else...this does happen and its rather demeaning really...the term 'love' is tossed around far too willy-nilly, laissez faire, in youth, loosely used.

Kavanne
You make me sad.

I think the divorce rate would be a lot higher if people didn't date in their teens, cause they wouldn't know what a 'wrong' relationship was like and would just get married.

I agree, some people take it too far, with one boy/girlfriend straight after the previous one is gone. But in the end, it's useful life experience for us all.

NB. No, I am not one of these 'playas'. My current boyfriend is my first one and we'll have been together two years next month.
if they're happy..let em think they're in love. besides there's nothing to say you must be 40 before its considered real..
feck it, let people do what they want to do, and with whom.

As long as it doesn't cause harm to others......
:wink:
opiache
If you don't like it, don't read it.

Piss off, I can make comments on what I like.
wizard
Blimey...i'm probably in a bad mood right now because my department is just farcical in arranging very important things regarding my course, assessment....but...

so many cases here about love and relationships, whingeing on...i think some of you should consider yourself perhaps lucky that you are even in such a position to have that 'problem' - usually stupid trivialities anyway, "he/she says he/she doesnt love me anymoreeeee" boo hoo hoo :biggrin: You know, to outsiders it sounds pathetic...you know, some of these cases of lost-loves etc are 16-18 years of age - i dont want to go around being patronising, but that is incredibly young to feel so loved up...and im afraid im not suckered in to these frequent requests for the sympathy vote - next thing you'll hear, "yeah it was for the best...i'm over him/her, in fact i have a new gf/bf (whichever applies)". This love in youth is false, often manufactured due to peer pressure to be in at least some form of relationship...i think this youthful love is immature...this stupid pressure to be in something that "means something" - it probably only means something because it means that you are not the odd-one-out amongst your friends, i.e. girlfriend/boy friend less....i think young 'love' is very sad, and often, there really is no such thing, its just false and manufactured...

besides 40% of marriages, approx, end in divorce :biggrin:
love sweet love, they say. :wink:

love at this age doesnt need to be forever, so its not as if it should be taken seriously, i guess, but in saying that, i know quite a lot of people who have serious relationships this early in life and they're happy!

sometimes going through teenage years, feeling especially insecure, you need someone to tell you how nice you look, or how wonderful you are. i dont think many people delude themselves when it comes to young love, well, i certainly dont.

it does annoy me when people cry about it, but well, its just a temporary stage people are at, a few years down the line, they see how crazy they were for taking love so seriously at such a young age, but there you go.

you know what you really need? a girlfriend.
Reply 30
lady_daisychain
sometimes going through teenage years, feeling especially insecure, you need someone to tell you how nice you look, or how wonderful you are. i dont think many people delude themselves when it comes to young love, well, i certainly dont.

it does annoy me when people cry about it, but well, its just a temporary stage people are at, a few years down the line, they see how crazy they were for taking love so seriously at such a young age, but there you go.

Good points. It took me a while to work out that the main reason that I want a boyfriend is to have someone who likes me better than anyone else. And that's not really a healthy reason at all. But if I hadn't gone through the whole 'teen angst' thing, I would never have realised this about myself.

I think its hard for teenagers not to delude themselves - teenage relationships are pretty confusing. I have decided to wait until I'm older to try for a proper relationship, as I want to have an adult relationship with communication (hard to achieve with a teenage boy, no offence to any emotionally articulate teenage boys), monogamy, commitment etc.
Mata

I think its hard for teenagers not to delude themselves - teenage relationships are pretty confusing. I have decided to wait until I'm older to try for a proper relationship, as I want to have an adult relationship with communication (hard to achieve with a teenage boy, no offence to any emotionally articulate teenage boys), monogamy, commitment etc.

So what are you doing in the mean-time? There is no point in planning anything, just go with the flow...
Reply 32
ChemistBoy
So what are you doing in the mean-time? There is no point in planning anything, just go with the flow...

In the meantime, I'm learning how to be friends with guys, treating them as people rather than 'men' or 'guy that I fancy'.

I'm not planning as in, "As soon as I'm 20 I shall find someone and have many babies with them". I'm just not thinking, "I need a boyfriend" right now.
Reply 33
SlyPie

What Irony; says she who herself has a crappy life. :rolleyes:
Reply 34
wizard
Blimey...i'm probably in a bad mood right now because my department is just farcical in arranging very important things regarding my course, assessment....but...

so many cases here about love and relationships, whingeing on...i think some of you should consider yourself perhaps lucky that you are even in such a position to have that 'problem' - usually stupid trivialities anyway, "he/she says he/she doesnt love me anymoreeeee" boo hoo hoo :biggrin: You know, to outsiders it sounds pathetic...you know, some of these cases of lost-loves etc are 16-18 years of age - i dont want to go around being patronising, but that is incredibly young to feel so loved up...and im afraid im not suckered in to these frequent requests for the sympathy vote - next thing you'll hear, "yeah it was for the best...i'm over him/her, in fact i have a new gf/bf (whichever applies)". This love in youth is false, often manufactured due to peer pressure to be in at least some form of relationship...i think this youthful love is immature...this stupid pressure to be in something that "means something" - it probably only means something because it means that you are not the odd-one-out amongst your friends, i.e. girlfriend/boy friend less....i think young 'love' is very sad, and often, there really is no such thing, its just false and manufactured...

Have you been, DUMPED, recently? I found reading your comment hilairious, you're so bitter. :wink:
wizard

i think you are being just a tad patronising here!! I'm 18, and have been going out with my boyfriend for over 3 years. Now, I'm wondering..in your eyes, because I am 18, and was 15 when i got together with him, does this mean i don't actually love him?!!
People posting aren't reading all of my posts which provide more specific points of view as the thread ages/matures...

--------------

john171
Have you been, DUMPED, recently? I found reading your comment hilairious, you're so bitter. :wink:

It was 2 years ago...and no i wasn't bitter at all from it/about it...just felt foolish but bitter, no certainly not, at least i tried.

--------------

gordih6
its just seems like all the topics are the same to me but posted by different members :biggrin: maybe there should be a sticky on;

how to tell if she/he really likes you
should you really be with him/her
blah blah

just my thought, i get bored of reading them.

yeah this is funny you see...

i honestly believe many people know if they have admirers, know what the signals are and are getting them...its just feeling scared to act upon such knowledge, so you tend to scare yourself away from acting, pretend it doesn't exist and trick your mind into feelings it's all false, its not real, its all make believe....you can also manufacture instances too :wink:
Reply 37
wizard
I'm a sweet baby jesus.
Slypie......i was wondering why you were member of the 'wit' society?
You have this fantastic psychoanalysis talent slypie...care to share the secret?

lol...
I'm sorry. This is classified "TSR Wit Society" material.

That and because I really don't know why...it's my genius. :wink:

--------------

Dekota
What Irony; says she who herself has a crappy life. :rolleyes:

Er, darling. Stop being so self-centered and referring to yourself as "she" all the time. :rolleyes:
Im positive woo hooooooooooooo. Thankyou unknown admirer/s - you don't know how long its been....since ive had... +ve points and that green little thing. I've worked so hard for that.... :smile:

As for being an 'unknown quanity', ive posted 600 plus times and its taken me many hundred posts to become positive again!? Whan an absurd system it is..
wizard
Im positive woo hooooooooooooo. Thankyou unknown admirer/s - you don't know how long its been....since ive had... +ve points and that green little thing. I've worked so hard for that.... :smile:

As for being an 'unknown quanity', ive posted 600 plus times and its taken me many hundred posts to become positive again!? Whan an absurd system it is..

aww thats a shame..u could have joined my neg rep society.. :cool:

Latest

Trending

Trending