This discussion is closed.
Saf!
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
i need to use complicated graphs to raise my geography c/wk grades.....................anyon e know any?????

i'm really desperate!!!
Rich
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Saf!)
i need to use complicated graphs to raise my geography c/wk grades.....................anyon e know any?????

i'm really desperate!!!
How about:

f(x) = x^(sin(x+ cos(x)) + e^x)

In other words, you might try being a little more specific and not coming across as entirely helpless.
Ben.S.
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by rahaydenuk)
How about:

In other words, you might try being a little more specific and not coming across as entirely helpless.
She means that they want her to represent her data in a variety of colourful and pointless ways (as is the case with geography). You can get away with just using all of the graph types on Excel (I did) as long as you make some statement to justify your choice.

Ben
cobra
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
How about:

no, i think that

x= (a-b)cost+bcos((a-b)t/b)

Y=(a-b)sint-bsin((a-bt)/b))

would be more useful
Saf!
Rep:
?
How about:

sorry! :rolleyes:

o.k...so i've got a few bits of data which collected from questionnaires, like "what age group do u fit into" etc...........i used simple bar graphs and pie charts but i need more complex graphs, but i don't have a clue wot these complex graphs are

....does that help?? :rolleyes:
Ben.S.
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Saf!)
sorry! :rolleyes:

o.k...so i've got a few bits of data which collected from questionnaires, like "what age group do u fit into" etc...........i used simple bar graphs and pie charts but i need more complex graphs, but i don't have a clue wot these complex graphs are

....does that help?? :rolleyes:
Scatter-graphs and area plots. They seem to love acetates as well - get some overlays in!

Ben
Saf!
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ben.S.)
Scatter-graphs and area plots. They seem to love acetates as well - get some overlays in!

Ben
thanx!..........i'll try those but the problem is didn't ask alot of ppl to answer questionnaire so it might not work........but i'll give it go!
cobra
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Saf!)
thanx!..........i'll try those but the problem is didn't ask alot of ppl to answer questionnaire so it might not work........but i'll give it go!
Make more up, fill them in your self so it shows what you want it to show
]{ingnik
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Saf!)
well they cant exactly test you on the authenticity of your questionnaire. make it up girl.
Saf!
Rep:
?
(Original post by cobra01977)
Make more up, fill them in your self so it shows what you want it to show
gud idea...........never thought of that!
Ben.S.
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Saf!)
The thing to realise is that geography coursework is made up of lies upon lies! Make up some results - as long as you do it well, no-one can tell (or really cares). Besides, the marks are really in the analysis. I got 100% on my AS coursework with almost purely fictional data.

Ben
cobra
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Saf!)
gud idea...........never thought of that!
Its what i always do i physics coursework when i cant be bothered to repeat the exeriment, i can even fiddle so i get good averages
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
how about multivariable vector fields? you can then spend hours of fun working out the div and curl.
cobra
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I did design last year and we had to study a fire alarm system, i made the whiole thing up about a fictional place, with maps photos and everything, i got the highest A ever in my group, it was all fiction
Saf!
Rep:
?
(Original post by elpaw)
how about multivariable vector fields? you can then spend hours of fun working out the div and curl.
wot are they?? never heard of them
nikk
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Enter your data into excel and then run the graph wizard. You can expertiment with that until you get the one you want.
cobra
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
If she has trouble with difficult graphs i think not
Saf!
Rep:
?
(Original post by cobra01977)
I did design last year and we had to study a fire alarm system, i made the whiole thing up about a fictional place, with maps photos and everything, i got the highest A ever in my group, it was all fiction
that's it!.....i'm goin to use my own results in future!.....ii've always thought that i'll get caught!
elpaw
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Saf!)
wot are they?? never heard of them
well, if you have n independent variables, you can plot them on an n-dimensional graph. if these veriables have n associated properties to them which are themselves independent and follow the laws of associativity and commutativity, you can call them vectors, and for each point on your graph you can assign a vector, thus your graph becomes a multidimensional vector field. you can then take the dot and cross products of these vectors with what is called the del opearator (key -- d : partial derivative) (d/dn1, d/dn2, d/dn3, .... d/dnm) where m is the number of independent vector bases n. the dot prduct is called the div of the vectorfield, the cross product is called the curl.
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
How about:

Wha!?

That crashed Microsoft Powertoy Calc!!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (151)
60.89%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.44%
No- I want it (69)
27.82%
No- I don't want it (17)
6.85%

Watched Threads