Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Its important that the important questions of our time get answered in this forum, so i thought i should ask the age old questions, whats better, cheese or gravy?

ReputationRep:
    gravy

ReputationRep:
    now these are the type of debates I like...
    Answer: well that is quite a difficult question, I mean it depends on who makes the gravy .i.e is it "ahhhh bisto" or Asda/tesco cheap and cheerful??; It also depends on what cow the chesse came from.. or better still whose feet the cheese came from

ReputationRep:
    of course, its not neccessarily even from a cow, it could be goat, pig, horse, dog, whatever really.

ReputationRep:
    Who the hell would want a gravycake?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheesecakebobby)
    Who the hell would want a gravycake?
    Who'd want Yorkshire puddings, roast potatoes, served with cheese!?

ReputationRep:
    gravy

categorially gravy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olliemccowan)
    Mmm...yorkshire pud cheesecake

ReputationRep:
    might i remind you all that Bisto, granules, other powders are not gravy. it is a poor substitute. Gravy is made from the juices at the bottom of the roasting tray which are reduced, thickened with flour to make a roux, then cooked and thinned with stock, wine, vegetable cooking water or just water, then seasoned. Not spooned out of a tin into a jug, mixed with water and stirred.
    So much better than bisto. urrrgh

ReputationRep:
    Cheese.

ReputationRep:
    horse chesse

ReputationRep:
    depends on the quality of course...

bad cheese and bad gravy are awful

but seeing as though I had a orgasmic sunday lunch yesterday, gravy gets my nod.

ReputationRep:
    i dont believe that more people have answered gravy......

gravy is merely a condement of sorts (i know it isnt actually a condement, but it is similar) and can only be used for pouring

cheese on the other hand is amazing.

its versatile, i.e. it can be used in sandwiches, on crackers, in sauces, on things, in things.

im pretty crap at verbalising things like this, but cheese is much better

ReputationRep:
    has anyone tried frozen gravysicles?... i haven't, but its an idea...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olliemccowan)
    you eat jacket potatos with cheese don't you? and crepes are quite often served with cheese, and as crepes pretty much = pancakes which are made from the same mixture as yorkshire puddings, i think a yorkshire pudding with cheese would be tasty
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    :adore: Cheese
    :puke: Gravy

ReputationRep:
    Dammit, I'm starving and now I'm craving chips with gravy!!

ReputationRep:
    gravy but cheese is nice with curry on chips

ReputationRep:
    you can also get cheese from buffalo's - tis lovely aswell....
    But, still gotta go gravy

--------------

although - I must admit I just had the nicest sandwich in THE WORLD which was a croque monsieur from the purveyors of the finest sandwiches in Oxford, Riccardos...so thats making me consider changing my mind!

ReputationRep:
    i dont believe this is happening!

if you had asked me what the oputcome of this thread would be, i would have said cheese would have been overwhelmingly popular.

cheese is much more useful, if you buy some cheese you could have cheese on toast for breakfast, cheese sandwiches for lunch, and pasta with cheese, or macaroni cheese for dinner.

you can pour gravy onto meat and veg, whoop dee do

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.