This discussion is closed.
cobra
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Does anyone here listen to radio 4, i quite like the today program and cant miss the archer, am i the only listener under 50 (i'm 17)?
]{ingnik
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
no way! dont tell anyone, but my mum listens to the archers and i get hooked on it from time to time. im off it at the moment though. jst need the occasional fix. also they have some damn fine comedy programmes. dead ringers is so much better on radio 4.
Perplexed
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Radio 4 is a true achievement of human civilisation.
cobra
Rep:
?
(Original post by ]{ingnik)
no way! dont tell anyone, but my mum listens to the archers and i get hooked on it from time to time. im off it at the moment though. jst need the occasional fix. also they have some damn fine comedy programmes. dead ringers is so much better on radio 4.
I like it in the radio, i also like the newsquiz and stuff like that, and the news is way better.
cobra
Rep:
?
Phew, so its not just me and the older people, actually i remeber reading graham norton likes radio 4
]{ingnik
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by cobra01977)
Phew, so its not just me and the older people, actually i remeber reading graham norton likes radio 4
well, just us three.
picju96
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I love 'I'm sorry I haven't a clue'
cobra
Rep:
?
(Original post by picju96)
I've been to recordings of just a minute and 'i'm sorry i havent a clue'.
I've also met caroline from the archers
hitchhiker_13
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Yeah I love that! And Broadcasting House on a Sunday morning. I'm 17 too. I think Radio 4 is fantastic. One area where I don't think they are dumbing down.
cobra
Rep:
?
And when i'm not at college i like 'you and yours' and moneybox live.
]{ingnik
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yeh, but do you have bbc four on freeview? they've already started dumbing down there.
cobra
Rep:
?
(Original post by ]{ingnik)
yeh, but do you have bbc four on freeview? they've already started dumbing down there.
I'd let them off, you get all bbc channels on there, and it brings DAB to the masses, so i dont think its a bad thing, speaking of radio 4 i'm off to listen to the archers for a bit. before the worst program in the world is on; GO FOR IT
Kirki
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
*thumbs up* Radio four is great. I love randomly playing Mornington Crescent with people and watching the bemused faces of the non-radio four listeners.
picju96
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I love doing that too! We've set up a Mornington Crescent society here, it's still going through all the paperwork though.
magicalsausage
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I listened to "You and Yours" once - it was very funny! All the most absurd bits of Watchdog.
picju96
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Anyone know why 'I'm sorry I haven't a clue' hasn't been on for a while?
What's Chico Time Precious?
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
just a minute + paul merton = :cool:
plus other excellent comedy programmes
cobra
Rep:
?
I love doing that too! We've set up a Mornington Crescent society here, it's still going through all the paperwork though.
Wow, i was gonna put durham as my 1st choice but i might choose warwick now
cobra
Rep:
?
(Original post by Absolution)
just a minute + paul merton = :cool:
plus other excellent comedy programmes
I like paul merton generally, he was on when i saw the recording.

Best line up is

Paul merton
Linda Smith
Graham Norton
the feud guy who i cant remeber his 1st name
]{ingnik
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by cobra01977)
I'd let them off, you get all bbc channels on there, and it brings DAB to the masses, so i dont think its a bad thing, speaking of radio 4 i'm off to listen to the archers for a bit. before the worst program in the world is on; GO FOR IT
oh gawd, not 'go for it'. so happy-society-where-everyone-is-loved-for-who-they-are. that kind of programme is what leaves youngsters these days unprepared for the harsh realities. however, i am rather fond of storytime.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (384)
67.13%
No (188)
32.87%

Watched Threads