Turn on thread page Beta

Inspired by another "give me ideas" thread, my mind throws out a memory, of not too long ago. I show a friend a piece of blog I was working on, and that's where it starts. "You shouldn't be a lawyer", he says. He says that he looks forward to reading whatever stuff I write later on in what will inevitably be an immensely successful writing career. I have the tools. And, forfeiting TSR, I would probably have a life to waste. But friends, newbies, countrymen, lend me your ears. I have a problem: thanks to a depressing combination of 90s music and Sky One, my imagination is rotted to little more than... a highly unimagining... thing.

So, I need your help. Any ideas, no matter how outlandish or seemingly nonsensical. I will probably not use any, and spend the rest of my life discussing the merits of Clifford the Big Red Dog online with some embittered sixteen year-olds. But if this all works out well; hey, I might forward you a fiver.*

I think something with spaceships, but the estate of Douglas Adams would be onto me sharpish. Damn.

*on the condition that you forfeit all rights to whatever material you choose to provide.

ReputationRep:
    How about... Billy and the Clonesaurus

ReputationRep:
    I suggest an autobiography.
    Who doesn't want to read about a schoolboy with a double life and internet persona.

Or alternatively: Look up Toy Soldier's thread about The Adventures of Arse-hamster and his entourage

ReputationRep:
    5, I think you are the most creative/inspired person on this forum. No one can have ideas like you have!

I mean it!

:cool:

(Original post by Ibbsy)
    I think I remember that scene ending with "what were you thinking?!!!"

Perhaps a novel about writing a novel. And the novel could be about writing a novel, about someone writing a novel about writing a novel. Like a mirror in a mirror, that shows a mirror in a mirror in a-

Or not.

ReputationRep:
    can we read your blog? Please . .....

ReputationRep:
    Yeah a great simpsons moment

(Original post by segat1)
    can we read your blog? Please . .....
    When I think of more stuff (ie, beyond the needlessly insulting first post) to put in it, it might even go in the signature.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ibbsy)
    ''Oh, you have got to be kidding sir. First you think of an idea that has already been done. Then you give it a title that nobody could possibly like. Didn't you think this through... (fade to later) ...it was on the bestseller list for eighteen months! Every magazine cover had... (later again) ...most popular movies of all time, sir! What were you thinking?!! (pause) I mean, thank you, come again.''

ReputationRep:
    ok write about how Zoolander is the greatest movie ever and Mugatu is the devil

(Original post by segat1)
    ok write about how Zoolander is the greatest movie ever
    It'd be a work of fiction, sure, but I can't just lie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
    It'd be a work of fiction, sure, but I can't just lie.
    :rofl: you're funny

ReputationRep:
    Write about your love of music and obsession with Oxbridge*?

*Just go for the first one then

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.