Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:

2nd time and the thing is I'm a good driver. Many lessons and people feel safe in my driving. The first instructor put me down for one major as I couldn't do a manoeuvre which is fair enough but this time my manouevres were perfect and the reasons she gave me 3 majors!!! is because of waiting for a car to go safely past as it was at a high speed, being too far to teh right when turning right and then for being too far left turning right.
    I feel so filthy and wreched. I have given up now. No way to fund my lessons or test, no parents car to drive.

There, that's me upset rant for today. I went back to class in for an hour and joked the whole time trying to cover up my failure.

ReputationRep:
    omg second time is nothing stop worrying took me 3 times and i got no minors on the 2nd time and failed because a lorry wouldnt let me into the lane 2 get past a park car (if only it was a car but oh well the alternative to stopping was driving into the car) but i can drive now and ull be driving soon so who cares

ReputationRep:
    You shouldn't give up! My boyfriend did that and now after 2 years is only just getting back into the habits of having lessons!

ReputationRep:
    ive got my first test tomorrow and im incredibly nervous...shaky nervous...

ReputationRep:
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    if you got three majors you probably did do stuff wrong. I think you need to talk to your instructor about it

ReputationRep:
    im sorry to hear that - i can imagine it being really frustrating - dont give up though! ive got my test tomorrow as well!! 1st time and really nervous. I was shaking really bad in my lesson tonight and i drove the worse i have for a long time - which hasnt done anything for my confidence. To me it just seems like you get a major for often little things, whic arent totally in your control. ive figured, im just going to drive totally normally, and keep really chilled out and that will be my best hopefully.

ReputationRep:
    eurgh me too i just had a lesson, and i clipped the curb TWICE and i havent done that since like my first few lessons :'(

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry to hear your failed You can't give up though! Just think of what you've spent and how much effort you've put in so far! You can't let all that be a waste! I've been learning since I was 18 and have had a couple of year long breaks when I moved house and that, but I've not given up! See my thread I made when I failed last time, on something so stupid! Like you say, you're a safe driver, so don't give up, even though it feels horrible when you fail. You'll pass soon! :hugs:

--------------

Oh and GOOD LUCK to mini munchkin and chrisl for your tests tomorrow! I know you feel nervous but believe me, those 40 minutes will fly by! Just think, this time tomorrow you could be holding your full license! :driver:

ReputationRep:
    so it doesn't matter you learn from your mustakes i sure you will pass it next time!

ReputationRep:
    Just keep at it everyone can pass if they show the right will and determination. Dont worry if you have so many tests thats you THINK you cant drive (just dont tell anyone how many and they will be non the wiser)

Stick in there
    you will get there

After one i my tests i said i cant drive and nearly gave up took my next one and passed. also if you are taking your test in a diferent car (manufactrurer) than the one you take you test in this may be confusing. Try if you can ( i know its not always possible) to drive in and out of lessons in the same manufactuurer of car. PLus have you ever though of taking the test in your own car as when i did that that was when i passed. (Probbaly because it was my car that i was gonna damage)

Stick in there! and good luck

ReputationRep:
    i failed had to reverse around a corner and as i was doing it a women in one of those huge 4X4 bmws came up behind me and started beeping. so i got a bit flustered, and drove round the block to do it again whilst shaking, and he failed me because apparently all i should have done was pull around the corner and let them past. how frustrating.

ReputationRep:
    i passed! I really hope you guys pass next time, it'll be fine - honestly - just keep going....

ReputationRep:
    i failed my test yestarday also. I am more concerned about how much money it has cost me rather than the fact i failed.

ReputationRep:
    I failed my first test today...got 2 majors and 4 minors. My majors were for left reverse round a corner and emergency stop. The examiner said I skidded in my emergency stop but I didn't so that was annoying.

The left reverse had been my best manoeuvre but I mounted the kerb in my test... it was really bad coz for the second half of the test I knew I'd failed. Grrrr! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    The examiner said I skidded in my emergency stop but I didn't so that was annoying.
    Did the car have ABS?

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I will have my money together again soon andwill be able to count towards a test in February.
    To those who said I did my test wrong, I DIDNT! 3 majors were for things that were blatantly not a problem and if she was a male examiner she would have passed me but apparently she hates males as she thinks they are all boy racers. Or so my auntie says who passed with her her 4th time.

--------------

sorry to hear about ther emergency stop, that is so easy to do, if you did skid at all it was purely because of the nasty frost and such. I H8 EXAMINERS!

ReputationRep:
    What can you do to stop the car from skidding on an emergency stop? I had to do one in my last test and passed the emergency stop, but now I'm worried I'll get it again and fail again because of it!

ReputationRep:
    lift the break up a little and then firmly back down again.

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: Just keep going. It soounds like you had a nitpicking examiner

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.