Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Have you ever had one of those days where you just feel so depressed for no apparent reason. This happened to me today during school, the depression just came to me at about 11am. I didn't have any arguements, nothing was really bothering me and I couldn't quite work out why i was feeling this depressed. I've been told by my friends that it might just be from lack of sleep but i'm pretty sure its not as this isn't the first time that its happened. Has anyone else experienced this before, do share your thoughts....

ReputationRep:
    All the time mate

I agree with your friends - I tend to feel a bit rubbish without proper sleep.

ReputationRep:
    yeah all the time...

ReputationRep:
    yeah everytime i just put my head down on the table

--------------

woh that was abit late

ReputationRep:
    For me it generally sets in on the bus going home when sometimes I'm just too tired to talk to my mates and daydream until I get home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sherunsaway)
    For me it generally sets in on the bus going home when sometimes I'm just too tired to talk to my mates and daydream until I get home.
    Yep, I get that in the car with mum, she expects me to talk to her about my day and I just wanna crash!

ReputationRep:
    Yer, I get it all the time, today I had a little phase of it. It always occurs when I don't have enough sleep, like last night I only got 2.5 hours and I just sit there bored and think about things too deeply and start thinking negative thoughts about completely normal things. Just get a good night's kip tonight mate.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, i felt like that the other day, juts like noone likes you or nethin.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    i had one today it started at like 12.55, and have not been myself from then on

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I know what you mean - "I'm just having one of those days"!

ReputationRep:
    I have been crying all day- bad week... hate to say it but if I go to bed depressed I dont feel like getting out of it in the morning... its just life.

ReputationRep:
    Depression is used far too frequently. Its not the definition of feeling a bit down, or having a bad day. Its not being sad. Depression is a loss of emotion, and I would make sure to realise that if I were you.

As for one of those days? These things are meant to try us...

ReputationRep:
    yes i have sometimes before i go on monday mornings i just don't want to go i sit in my room and cry and feel down until i go but thinking about the guy i fancy and my family and friends cheers me up again xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superstardj4eva)
    Have you ever had one of those days where you just feel so depressed for no apparent reason. This happened to me today during school, the depression just came to me at about 11am. I didn't have any arguements, nothing was really bothering me and I couldn't quite work out why i was feeling this depressed. I've been told by my friends that it might just be from lack of sleep but i'm pretty sure its not as this isn't the first time that its happened. Has anyone else experienced this before, do share your thoughts....
    It is NOT depression, if so very mild. A sudden change in mood defined to be caused by the partial imbalance of hormones in the brain. (serotonin for example) can cause different effects.
    I get it all the time; normal at this age. (teenage)

--------------

(Original post by Aristogeiton)
    All the time mate

I agree with your friends - I tend to feel a bit rubbish without proper sleep.
    You get it because of the BNP supporter you are! :rolleyes:

--------------

A series of 'yeah .. I get that all the time' ... replies ... yet no help/advice offered. tsk tsk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dekota)
    A series of 'yeah .. I get that all the time' ... replies ... yet no help/advice offered. tsk tsk.
    get some proper sleep :rolleyes: :p:

ReputationRep:
    i feel most down in sunday afternoons, cos the next day is monday and everything is just going back to normal again. it feels aweful

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure i'm not lacking in sleep so that can't be the reason.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, often

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superstardj4eva)
    I'd call that feeling low and like you CBA to do anything - make sure you keep your enrgy levels up
    I get that alot but I also have times when I just start crying for no reason for about an hour - I'd class that as mild depression

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 15, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.