This discussion is closed.
Custard
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Do you think there is to much pressure on you to be fasionable, even if you do not live up their expectations. Do you feel better been your own person or just to blend in. What colour do you feel more comfortable in and why? Have you ever bought a peice of clothing just because everyone else was wearing it?

I am doing an essay on the pressure on todays youth so their might be a few threads like this it will be really helpful if you can type a few of your veiws up. Thank you.
cobra
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
If i saw sumone wearing a piece of clothing i wouldnt wear it again, i lke to be my own person and be different
Custard
Rep:
?
(Original post by cobra01977)
If i saw sumone wearing a piece of clothing i wouldnt wear it again, i lke to be my own person and be different
Why is this, do you feel like they are invading you as a person. Do you not like the fact that they have a little of your identity?
cobra
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I dunno why, i like to be different, even though the clothes i wear arnt really that differernt, its just at our college not many people dress in the same clothes.
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Custard)
Do you think there is to much pressure on you to be fasionable, even if you do not live up their expectations. Do you feel better been your own person or just to blend in. What colour do you feel more comfortable in and why? Have you ever bought a peice of clothing just because everyone else was wearing it?

I am doing an essay on the pressure on todays youth so their might be a few threads like this it will be really helpful if you can type a few of your veiws up. Thank you.
examples of everyone wearing the same thing - parkas and those eskimo boots and neither of them looks that cool when everyone else has one, even if htey are different colours, on a day out me and my m8 started to count th number of parkas but got bored at about 50 and that was only around 10 mins in. People blend in or stand out, either turn up in the ubiquitous t-shirt and jeans or in some skank gothic junk in order to stand out, conversly i nother places thee things do the opposite.

No pressure on me at all as a bloke, i choose what i wear, if someone else is wearing the same thing, "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"
Custard
Rep:
?
(Original post by JSM)
examples of everyone wearing the same thing - parkas and those eskimo boots
Ahem! I have eskimo boots, then again i had them ages ago, they are so warm and fluffy and random when i bought them, they were bloody expensive as well. Then every tramp on the high street bought cheap imatation copys and wears those awful black ones with their jeans tucked in.
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Ahem! I have eskimo boots, then again i had them ages ago, they are so warm and fluffy and random when i bought them, they were bloody expensive as well. Then every tramp on the high street bought cheap imatation copys and wears those awful black ones with their jeans tucked in.
so, when everyone elkse is wearing something why where it unless you have to or want to, only wear something cos you want to, ill help you with ur work
Andrew_S
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Did you buy UGG boots then as in what several celebrities wore, or the cheaper high street version?
Custard
Rep:
?
(Original post by Andrew_S)
Did you buy UGG boots then as in what several celebrities wore, or the cheaper high street version?
My mum has the ugg boots (shes not a fasion, b**** mum by the way, she is a pratical one) I got mine from shuch they were £85. I don't know what make, can't remember, as i haven't worn them for ages, I'll dig them out later. I felt stupid spending so much money on myself, but what you got to do!
MattG
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
sorry but what is fasion?
Andrew_S
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
My mum has the ugg boots (shes not a fasion, b**** mum by the way, she is a pratical one) I got mine from shuch they were £85. I don't know what make, can't remember, as i haven't worn them for ages, I'll dig them out later. I felt stupid spending so much money on myself, but what you got to do!
Oh right fair dos. I absolutely hate girls in eskimo boots or boxing boots, it's funny that they think it's trendy, yet really it isn't because it's seen everywhere. I personally think that there isn't much pressure on people to be fashionable, otherwise everyone I see would be a fashionista.
Custard
Rep:
?
(Original post by Andrew_S)
Oh right fair dos. I absolutely hate girls in eskimo boots or boxing boots, it's funny that they think it's trendy, yet really it isn't because it's seen everywhere. I personally think that there isn't much pressure on people to be fashionable, otherwise everyone I see would be a fashionista.
I hate boxing boots they are possoibly the worst things in the fasion industry. I tend to wear just trainers with a hint of my style. I have got 2 of the nicest trainers i own from matalan for god sakes. So i'm not all up in everyone elses stlye, as today i bought a man's pair of jeans. They are ACE!
Custard
Rep:
?
I hate boxing boots they are possoibly the worst things in the fasion industry. I tend to wear just trainers with a hint of my style. I have got 2 of the nicest trainers i own from matalan for god sakes. So i'm not all up in everyone elses stlye, as today i bought a man's pair of jeans. They are ACE!
Back to the thread are how you feel about fasion and all its pressures?
onearmedscissor
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Are we talking about fashion here? hohoho.

It's the young people again, trying to make their mark and seem intelligent. Diddums.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (530)
66.75%
No (264)
33.25%

Watched Threads