Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I know you've opened up a can of whoop-ass on our sporting teams, but what do you all think of Aus/Aussies?

ReputationRep:
    your customs are ridiculous lol :P, takes like an hour to get through and the whole rugby team was asked what they were in Australia for?? even though they all had tops on saying Australian rugby tour lol and it was a school trip :\.
    I dont mind them in general though, i have some family over there somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, we're a picky bunch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by segat1)
    Yes, I know you've opened up a can of whoop-ass on our sporting teams, but what do you all think of Aus/Aussies?
    Same as us - different accent.

ReputationRep:
    I like Aussies/Australia. Genuinely do. Accent is classic. And Kath and Kim - what a show! Hilarious. Plus Jesse Spencer is Australian and he's gorgeous, isn't Adam Garcia Australian too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zhivago)
    I like Aussies/Australia. Genuinely do. Accent is classic. And Kath and Kim - what a show! Hilarious. Plus Jesse Spencer is Australian and he's gorgeous, isn't Adam Garcia Australian too?
    Kevin "Bloody" Wilson is the king. Wish he'd tour the UK more often.

ReputationRep:
    I have to say, I have loved every Australian I have met thus far (not in that sense for those of you with dirty minds :p: )

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, Aussies seem cool; although their accents are mildly irritating.

Anyone seen Romper Stomper?

ReputationRep:
    That movie is crap! About a bunch of racist ass clowns who get licked....oh wait...that bit is great. Ie, they hate "Asians" but use "nunchuckus" in fights? :/

As for Australians, there ok. The ones I've met are all in London, they seem cool enough.

ReputationRep:
    It's got a good soundtrack, good fights, good actors but yes, it shows nationalists in very bad light indeed

ReputationRep:
    It shows you for the brain dead racist scum that you are!

ReputationRep:
    Not at all, it portrays us very badly. But the rest of the film is great (which is why I brought it up).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bodhisattva)
    Same as us - different accent.
    :ditto: xxx

ReputationRep:
    Romper Stomper was a pretty brave film to make, and altho I don't agree with the sentiment, I liked the movie.

You know, since I have been here, I have noticed that altho Australians seem to have a huge rep for drinking, you guys can drink like I've never seen.

--------------

(Original post by zhivago)
    Yes, Adam is an Aussie. *Sigh* so hot. I really don't much like the Aussie accent, but LOOOVE the british ones.....

Kate and Kim, well it's diff-rent un-use-ule

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by segat1)
    You seem like a nice country. You also come across as very laid back and easy going.

You beat us too much at sports though (notwithstanding the Ashes and the rugby union last Saturday!). I respect Ponting though, he's a great batsman.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zooropa)
    You seem like a nice country. You also come across as very laid back and easy going.

You beat us too much at sports though (notwithstanding the Ashes and the rugby union last Saturday!). I respect Ponting though, he's a great batsman.
    Yes, we are laid back, but we have no identity, no history etc. We also have a huge inferiority complex *ooh, please pick me! I'm big and important enough!"

Yes, our sporting teams are great. Probably cos we have nothing else to do, i.e. we can't just bugger off to spain for the weekend so we play sport all the frikkin time.

Ponting is a chav, or bogan as we call them in Aus. He also advertised/endorses gambling, I don't have much respect for him but yeah, he can handle the willow ok.

This is what happens when i leave the country, the whole system falls apart.

ReputationRep:
    More relaxed and friendly.A damn sight less uptight compared to British people! And a lot more informal.I remember watching a TV show talking about Australians and there was an accident and the newsreader was like 'Yeah we got a couple of ambos(ambluances) going up there to sort it out....'

ReputationRep:
    Every Aussie I've met,and that's not many, has been great.

ReputationRep:
    Got some relatives in Australia and as a nation, you all seem pretty nice, apart from the people at the airport and the guy sitting infront of me on the plane when I was on my way there.

ReputationRep:
    i like them. prefer new zealanders though for some reason

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 16, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.