This discussion is closed.
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
hope mine made up for it

Weird malfunctioning you seem sane, im sure you can get a bf, quite a few blokes have never even pulled - imagine how harsh that is
That would be very lame. In fact I'd probably have moved into a convent by now if I hadn't. Thank god for mixed scout camps, orchestra tours and alcohol! And thanks for the positive rep! As for why I have such low self confidence, as you asked there - it's a long story, but it involves being in a girls' boarding house for 5 years and having the same girl steal all of my crushes.

Joey, pulling may be overrated (in some cases, it most definitely is!) but it's better than nothing! At least it makes you feel attractive for a while.

W2S - don't cry! *hug* We need more emoticons on this thing!
JSM
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Helenia)
That would be very lame. In fact I'd probably have moved into a convent by now if I hadn't. Thank god for mixed scout camps, orchestra tours and alcohol! And thanks for the positive rep! As for why I have such low self confidence, as you asked there - it's a long story, but it involves being in a girls' boarding house for 5 years and having the same girl steal all of my crushes.

Joey, pulling may be overrated (in some cases, it most definitely is!) but it's better than nothing! At least it makes you feel attractive for a while.

well im sure you are far nicer than you, but she put out more, and girls boarding houses are not exactly the best place to learn how to pick up decent boys
Surfing Hamster
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Custard)
Are you in a relationship? If not does it get you down. Do you worry about not been as beautiful as your friends and all your peers.
If you are in a relationship do you feel it gets in your way? You can't have a normal life as it will end in upset with the other one, or are you in a relationship you don't want to be in, and just want to shake them off but know it will end up in tears.

Please can you type up your veiws as its for an essay on pressure of todays youth. Thank you
I'm in a relationship and very happy!

It doesn't get me down at all..

I just smile every time I think of my amazing boyfriend
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Surfing Hamster)
I'm in a relationship and very happy!

It doesn't get me down at all..

I just smile every time I think of my amazing boyfriend
hmm, i dunno bout amazing, you havnt met me yet
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
thanxs for the hug, my life has been a puzzle lately. My best friend thinks i have a great life right now, with alexander obsessed with me, no cat, parents who have decided to go to the US and leave me alone to start uni, and a upset ex ringing my mobile for what seems like every ten minute - i just wonder how perfect my life can get... But i'll cheer up, tommorow i'm being taken out to dinner for free so that should be nice
4Ed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

you play in an orchestra? what instrument do you play?
Surfing Hamster
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
hmm, i dunno bout amazing, you havnt met me yet
4Ed
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
quite a few blokes have never even pulled
i'm afraid i'm one of those, although I haven't been looking out for a gf - that's what university is for! however, i don't feel i'm missing out on anything...
(Original post by Joey_Johns)
I think 'pulling' is greatly over rated.
i agree. what's the big deal about having kissed someone? surely a proper relationship is more important than the random pull at a party...
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)
i'm afraid i'm one of those, although I haven't been looking out for a gf - that's what university is for! however, i don't feel i'm missing out on anything...
i agree. what's the big deal about having kissed someone? surely a proper relationship is more important than the random pull at a party...
kissing is awesome.
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)
you play in an orchestra? what instrument do you play?
Cello. I used to play in Shropshire Youth Orchestra, but I haven't got into anything here - was too scared to audition for CUMS or CUSO, and nobody would come to UCPO with me. So I just play for myself.

JSM - it was only a girls house - the school was mixed and the boys spent most of their time in our house, so there was plenty of opportunity, it just didn't happen for me. Didn't help that I was the freakishly clever one, so everyone thought all I did was work :rolleyes:
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
kissing is awesome.
kissing is lovely - pity the boy next door was terrible last night - and a disaster my parents caught me in the kitchen locked in a clasp with him - total embarrasment - i don't even like him! :eek:
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by waiting2smile)
kissing is lovely - pity the boy next door was terrible last night - and a disaster my parents caught me in the kitchen locked in a clasp with him - total embarrasment - i don't even like him! :eek:
lol
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
JSM - it was only a girls house - the school was mixed and the boys spent most of their time in our house, so there was plenty of opportunity, it just didn't happen for me. Didn't help that I was the freakishly clever one, so everyone thought all I did was work :rolleyes:
lol- multiple gals left my school cos they wanted to be loved as no boys would touch them with a bargepole at GCSE just cos of their rep as being smart. i dunno why, but its strange, ahh well, we havnt got that prob, none of our gals are smart and most are hard working
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
lol
it wasn't very funny last night - my fault for deciding to look at the stars with him (and um there were no stars) and it wouldn't have happened if my parents hadn't decided to start painting the hallway at 10 something in the night!
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
it wasn't very funny last night - my fault for deciding to look at the stars with him (and um there were no stars) and it wouldn't have happened if my parents hadn't decided to start painting the hallway at 10 something in the night!
so the boy next door, is he fit or where u just extremely horny
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
so the boy next door, is he fit or where u just extremely horny
gorgeous - but a bad kisser - never again -
4Ed
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Cello. I used to play in Shropshire Youth Orchestra, but I haven't got into anything here - was too scared to audition for CUMS or CUSO, and nobody would come to UCPO with me. So I just play for myself.
what are the standards of CUMS, CUSO and UCPO then do you know? just to see what orchestra standards are like at uni, and whether I'd be able to get into one. I used to play violin in my local city youth orchestra, and the regional one as well (4 counties)
4Ed
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
gorgeous - but a bad kisser - never again -
so u'd just ignore him next time u saw him......... tis embarrassing cuz he lives so close to you i presume...
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)
so u'd just ignore him next time u saw him......... tis embarrassing cuz he lives so close to you i presume...
i don't kiss people randomly - i like meaningful relationships but i felt a cross between happy and sad last night as i've just come out of a LT relationship. I think i'm going to have to stare really hard at the ground next time i walk past.
4Ed
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i don't kiss people randomly - i like meaningful relationships but i felt a cross between happy and sad last night as i've just come out of a LT relationship. I think i'm going to have to stare really hard at the ground next time i walk past.
lol, that's probably why I wouldn't particularly want to go out with a girl who lives nearby... the families would feel embarrassed, and what happens if you break up...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (388)
67.24%
No (189)
32.76%

Watched Threads