changing courses at university, pre or post acceptance? Watch

This discussion is closed.
nero076
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
There are a few posts on this subject in archive, can somebody please clear it up for me though, or at least give opinions. My position is:

Have offer for economics at Durham 2004, want to change it to philosphy or perhaps PPE. I have not yet made a reply yet.

Do you think I will be able to have the offer changed? Shall I contact them before I make a decision, or just accept it and try and change it once I begin the degree (risky)? I realise universities are reluctant to allow course changes, shows lack of commitment and all, so what are my chances?

(Might be further complicated by that fact that durham mightn't be my first choice, havent decided yet).

thanks a lot
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by nero076)
There are a few posts on this subject in archive, can somebody please clear it up for me though, or at least give opinions. My position is:

Have offer for economics at Durham 2004, want to change it to philosphy or perhaps PPE. I have not yet made a reply yet.

Do you think I will be able to have the offer changed? Shall I contact them before I make a decision, or just accept it and try and change it once I begin the degree (risky)? I realise universities are reluctant to allow course changes, shows lack of commitment and all, so what are my chances?

(Might be further complicated by that fact that durham mightn't be my first choice, havent decided yet).

thanks a lot
I think its easier when you get there..once youve got the foot in the door thing...I know someone at Sheffield who started doing engineering, but changed to chemistry, and then to something else, something hed probably never be able to do if he hadnt already been there.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.57%
No (239)
33.43%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed