Peterhouse -The real deal? Watch

This discussion is closed.
MadNatSci
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Lola14)
I don't drink unfortunately (or fortunately) -so no need for a liver transplant -that's why I got an organ donar card. I can only hope that my liver will someday be of use to some drunk ... Damn it hang on ... how do retract consent? Anyway is it possible to find non drunk people/drinkers at university because I managed at school -or am I just destined to be a sober loner October onwards?

No, I know a few people who don't drink. It's no problem, the people who do will probably try to persuade you to join them in boozy bliss (especially if they've already had a few) but no-one will mind whether you drink or not And if they do they're not worth knowing!
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by KHL)
from personal experience, Caius isn't racist.

in fact, a large number of internationals do come to Caius... i don't know why, but we've got 6 international medics in the first year, and a few more who are british-born, but of other roots.

some accuse others of racism simply because they feel left out. then again, if one does not make the first move to approach and be friendly, how can one blame someone else for not doing the same?
Emma Hodson and her family were never too keen. That's why she never applied to Leicster.
ladyvice
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
KHL, are you frokm an ethnic minority? If not, I would argue that you are not really qualified to talk about racism from 'personal experience'.
goits
Report 16 years ago
i agree with ladyvice my big sis
Radagasty
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Lola14)
P.P.S. Michael Howard -WHAT was I thinking???????????????
Yeah... the thought of going to the same college as Oliver Cromwell put me off Sidney Sussex. When I received my offer, I kept telling myself that Cromwell was a silly consideration, and that I should pay it no heed, but I still couldn't get it out of my head.
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Radagasty)
Yeah... the thought of going to the same college as Oliver Cromwell put me off Sidney Sussex. When I received my offer, I kept telling myself that Cromwell was a silly consideration, and that I should pay it no heed, but I still couldn't get it out of my head.
Hehe, most colleges have at least some famous and/or infamous alumni. I can't say it was an influencing factor for me!
KHL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i'm not sure if you consider chinese to be an ethnic minority...
glorious
Report 15 years ago
PETERHOUSE IS FANTASTIC
you won't regret applying for a moment.
not many people get pooled there, there's only a few subjects that receive low applicants.
love being low in table, they admit PEOPLE not freaks, PHEW!
has reputation for being posh, southern, tory, public school, gay. it's just a stereotype from the days it was all boys and since it's the oldest.
not creepy at all. it's dinky!
emma is the only one known as a party college, they are also known to work too hard. peterhouse is a relaxed place to be. they wont work you too hard. you'll have a great time, and you won't crack up at cambridge, what could be better?
glorious
Report 15 years ago
why does everyone here talk as if they know all about other people's colleges.

the fact is, there's friendly rivalry between them all, most people love their own college.

also, for anyone considering making a decision on which college based on what ppl here suggest, perhaps consider that SOME of the people posting regularly on this forum are well, maybe not representitive of anyone at that college, these are the guys who play on their computers, and like posting on forums. yes, i know i just did, but only because i was getting mad at everyone talking like they own cambridge.
matthewy
Report 15 years ago
Yeah, apparently there's some club called the Adonians (sp?) which the fellows invite certain male Freshers...I don't know how true all this is, but rumours abound there about it.Yeah, apparently there's some club called the Adonians (sp?) which the fellows invite certain male Freshers...I don't know how true all this is, but rumours abound there about it.

The Adonians does exist, but it is as much a gay social event as it is an opportunity for old fellows to letch over male students. The food is amazing.
Flicker
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
peterhouse excels in history and politics and i think medicine, but doesn't really put much into other subjects which is why it comes low down in academic tables.

My friend's just started there and is really enjoying it - it is quite public school and tradtionally conservative but she says she can't really see much of a difference between that the other older colleges really! she's doing history and loves it.
Rusty
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ladyvice)
KHL, are you frokm an ethnic minority? If not, I would argue that you are not really qualified to talk about racism from 'personal experience'.
dont be ridiculous, im white, ive experiences racism, and therefore i can talk from my personal experience

you sound almost pretentious about it
sophieliz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well I'm not applying to Cambridge, but I happen to know that my old, bumbling, gay, annoying, constantly mocked English teacher went there. If he is a representative of that college then NO WAY!!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (477)
59.4%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.35%
No- I want it (230)
28.64%
No- I don't want it (53)
6.6%

Watched Threads