Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Right, if you want to discuss how hot each others' boyfriends/random models are, head to Chat. Haven't decided yet whether to split the political stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Gosh this thread got long. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Right, if you want to discuss how hot each others' boyfriends/random models are, head to Chat. Haven't decided yet whether to split the political stuff.
    indeed.
    apologies, it is getting a bit silly!

ReputationRep:
    I still don't see what all is the 'attractive' quality in all these chinese people you've all posted of.

Maybe if you post a what you would call a 'hot chinese' girl pic, I might see it ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drowned World)
    Yes I understand it's about independance...in fact, that's all it is about, independace. I sure would like to be independant from the CCP if I was living in Taiwan, whatever bloody race I was. In fact, I would probably declare I was Jamaican and therefore should be independant from the CCP as I am a different race...

But, as everyone knows, those who want Taiwan to be independant from China only do so for political reasons, not because they are actually a separate race with a different lingo. Putting politics aside, Taiwan is Chinese, with a few original originals thrown in.

--------------
    1. I am a girl
    2. When you ask people to see a pic of your boyfriend, and then declare someone uglier than him...are you not inviting comments???

Work it out. And again, know your facts before running your mouth off.
    Your s/n sounds like a guy's. My mistake.

ANd maybe you would have a girlfriend even despite being a girl.

She didn't declare anything. I just find it offensive when people diss another without having it themselves. (This is due to real life when a girl told me she didn't think my boyfriend was that good looking for no reason, despite her having an ugly ass boyfriend. I don't even know why she was talking about their looks.) I just see no point in insulting others by insulting those they care about.

Well I'm part original.

As for me running my mouth, honestly, you haven't stated anything that wasn't obvious. Ok, China is Communist: Taiwan isn't.

What else?

--------------

(Original post by Dekota)
    I still don't see what all is the 'attractive' quality in all these chinese people you've all posted of.

Maybe if you post a what you would call a 'hot chinese' girl pic, I might see it ...
    haha you player.

You're such a tosspot V.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leah)
    Just out of curiosity, what do you guys (and I mean 'guys') think of chinese girls?? (anything about them)

I go to an American International School, and although there's a whole lot of people from different backgrounds, all the American and Australian blokes the year above seem to have this attraction towards chinese girls, and most of them dating one. Do you find them attractive? Just curious. My best friend is chinese, but she says its just a coincidence, hm.....

~leah~

I find women of all races attractive.

I'm not racist so I wouldn't refuse to date someone based on their race or nationality.

ReputationRep:
    Look when I tell people what I am: I say Taiwanese and Dutch. Not Chinese and Dutch.

Because I am Taiwanese; who cares what the reason is? Politics/ethnicity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elipsis)
    Ninja + Slypie: The whole question was 'Do you find chinese girls attractive' Therfore asking me to make a generalisation about a whole race of people which i did from my own opinon - there is no debating that you can't win. IN MY OPINION is not up for debate. The 1 in 1000 was an estimate not just 2 numbers i have picked out of the air at random, also based on my opinion as there is no fact archive for whether people are pretty or not and the government doesn't, believe it or not, produce figures on the % of people per race that are attractive...

At the end of the day Ninja, on my passport it doesn't say 'English..but 1/100th Anglo saxon' Does it? Where do you want to draw the line on where you are from, i personally would look at where my parents are from and where i was born to work out my exact make up. I was pointing this out because all of the chinese girls i have met are very quiet, which is a point of fact - something you also can't debate, you can however say 'i have met chinese girls that are loud and out going'. You seem to have been quite happy to accept the positive stereotyping that people have given out about people, saying things like they find chinese people outgoing and things along those lines. My point is that just because you have some far out link to a race of people doesn't make your view any more valid than mine, it also doesnt make your opinion into a fact either. I wouldn't see it as my place to impose on all chinese people that they MUST find English people attractive so why are you trying to do it to me?
    I'm sure 'winning' the debate is a lot easier when you make up facts, eh?

'Origin of The Ninja' - I have ties to China, in the fact that i have relatives who live there. I have ties to China in that i lived there for 2 years whilst growing and becoming the person you are talking to. I have ties to China I have ties to China by the fact that i can speak Chinese (albeit dis-jointed). Therefore my opinion is to a certain degree more valid than yours, as i have experienced whether Chinese girls are pretty to a greater extent than you.

And excuse me for accepting positive stereotyping :rolleyes: What was i thinking? I should have said, 'Chinese girls aren't great, you take that back'. Hmm, the fact that i thought Chinese girls are pretty was one of the reasons i decided to reply to this thread, so pardon me for not disagreeing with my own ideas. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SlyPie)
    Not hate, just realize Taiwan is not part of China.

You should visit my university, in America to find this out.
    (hmph... it's cold outside... bt i'm back now)

n btw i hardly think a few student protest in an american uni is gonna convince me... sorry

ReputationRep:
    Ah why you all miss her soo much, that you reply to her posts while she is long gone ...

She is the one and only Ms. S and she tops all of you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dekota)
    Ah why you all miss her soo much, that you reply to her posts while she is long gone ...

She is the one and only Ms. S and she tops all of you.
    sorry... it's her irresistable charisma that i just can't get enough of! Y.U.M is all i have to say~

adios~

ReputationRep:
    Chat -->

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Chat -->
    <-- H&R

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    depends who you ask really, doesn't it?

and i don't see what language has to do with it. america and britain both speak english yet no one claims they're the same country
    That language bit was aimed at someone (couldnt be bothered to quoate him/her) saying taiwan is totally another country and that they have their own language whihc IS full of BS whoever said that

ReputationRep:
    ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't intend to start this thread based on the history of Taiwan or China :wtf?:, or whether Taiwan should be independant or not etc.

Please, cut out this whole debate thing going on, geez, if you wanna talk about chinese history bla bla bla make your own thread based on it.

All I want to know is whether you western blokes (english, american, or watever) find chinese girls attractive???? All I want is your opinion,and I mean OPINION.

THANK YOU!!!

ReputationRep:
    whoa i really have missed ALOT after an hour or two, i know this is gonna end in a debate kind if thing riiiight from the start when i read the first post :rolleyes:
    so im not gonna say more now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leah)
    ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't intend to start this thread based on the history of Taiwan or China :wtf?:, or whether Taiwan should be independant or not etc.

Please, cut out this whole debate thing going on, geez, if you wanna talk about chinese history bla bla bla make your own thread based on it.

All I want to know is whether you western blokes (english, american, or watever) find chinese girls attractive???? All I want is your opinion,and I mean OPINION.

THANK YOU!!!
    Sorry

ReputationRep:
    I like chinese girls... :love:

ReputationRep:
    hehe , it was fun tho. but i admit it did get out of hand. i just can't resist a debate about Taiwan. I'm Taiwanese at heart you see! lol

But back to the original topic now. and i can't really comment on whether western blokes like chinese girls, being a western girl. i do have a friend, who is going out with my best friend (a chinese girl) and only seems to ever go out with chinese girls. he's a got a thing about it the way i have a thing about chinese guys!

ReputationRep:
    Does he go out with British Chinese girls or just Oriental girls from China/Hong Kong/Japanese/Taiwan etc?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.