Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by graduate_kc)
    how about the fact that we were all apes once before?
    so that just concluded we were all one same race

--------------

lol chink ?

puahahahahahahha

and too hot to have chink blood?

like 'chink blood' doesnt deserve her?
    Chink blood... lol... how lovely

First i think you should know that ape is not a "race" as such, hence we can't all be the same "race" (what the Ape-race? I would like to see that)

Secondly you are right to some extend: we are all homo sapiens and are desents of Homo erectus (ape-man)...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliasabc)
    kristin kreuk is half chinese and half dutch assuming no prior flings and bruce lee is dead and samtheman chink blood? I feel slightly offended - wanted to clear a few things up.

aliasabc
    It was a joke considering how the conversation was going...

All my friends have different ethnicities. If I can't joke about it from time to time, that makes me more a racist than if I didn't.

Someone who spends their time going "omigod omigod, mustn't mention they're black, mustn't mention they're black. That would be racist" is a lot more racist than someone who can comfortably joke about it.

However, if the word did offend someone with that word (which was meant to be inoffensive), I really do apologise.

ReputationRep:
    SamTheMan: how offensive is that! 'CHINK blood' that is a racist term to call chinese

i hope u really do feel bad

ReputationRep:
    exactly!

ReputationRep:
    He has already said it was a joke calm down love.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    It was a joke considering how the conversation was going...

All my friends have different ethnicities. If I can't joke about it from time to time, that makes me more a racist than if I didn't.

Someone who spends their time going "omigod omigod, mustn't mention they're black, mustn't mention they're black. That would be racist" is a lot more racist than someone who can comfortably joke about it.

However, if the word did offend someone with that word (which was meant to be inoffensive), I really do apologise.
    Apology just about accepted :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    meh... don't feel insulted by chink blood... my friend (british born chinese) joke about it all the time... she thinks it's something proud...

ReputationRep:
    chinese girls, hawt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Traum)
    meh... don't feel insulted by chink blood... my friend (british born chinese) joke about it all the time... she thinks it's something proud...
    I know people who make jokes about their race, so that if other people do so, they can pretend to brush it off. I do this with a friend of mine, we both go, "God, those awful black people. Hate them, kick them all out" but its strange because if anyone else said it we'd be on them like a ton of bricks. Its a self-defence mechanism.

Its all very well being comfortable with talking about race. I don't care if people want to learn more about black or mixed race people, cultures, attitudes etc. I'd rather they actually asked someone from that ethnic group rather than draw their own conclusions (which might be wrong).

But just because something is a joke (even an innocent one) it doesn't mean that it isn't hurtful. I use the word '******' all the time in a jokey way, but if someone who actually had developmental problems heard me, it would probably make them feel quite bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mata)
    I know people who make jokes about their race, so that if other people do so, they can pretend to brush it off. I do this with a friend of mine, we both go, "God, those awful black people. Hate them, kick them all out" but its strange because if anyone else said it we'd be on them like a ton of bricks. Its a self-defence mechanism.

Its all very well being comfortable with talking about race. I don't care if people want to learn more about black or mixed race people, cultures, attitudes etc. I'd rather they actually asked someone from that ethnic group rather than draw their own conclusions (which might be wrong).

But just because something is a joke (even an innocent one) it doesn't mean that it isn't hurtful. I use the word '******' all the time in a jokey way, but if someone who actually had developmental problems heard me, it would probably make them feel quite bad.
    True, in the end i think it comes down to how comfy you are with this subject. I mean i never used to get bullied or anything about my race (mix bt chinese mainly) and so i never had any negative feelings in this sense. I also moved around alot of countries (i.e. lived in at least 3 long term) so i don't find this to be a sensitive issue...

I mean i'm chinese and fabulous~

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elipsis)
    This whole thread looks like SlyPie V Everybody, yet she is right about everything and we must all bow down because she has the smallest ammount of chinese blood in her!:congrats:
    Must I reiterate that 1/4 is not a small amount, and my 1/4 > your 0? (We did go over this simple mathematics earlier, remember?)

Anyway, I'm glad you've finally accepted the fact that I am right, because I am.

End of.

--------------

(Original post by Leah)
    whether you think its stupid, I don't care, and if you think it's so stupid, why were you stupid enough to read all the posts in this thread?? And listen my college is jam packed with chinese girls....

All I want to know is how western guys find chinese or oriental-looking girls, alright?? Jeez, doesnt anyone get it??

--------------

And for crying out loud, TAIWAN IS STILL PART OF CHINA, you guys just claim not to be 'chinese'. Actually, most people from Asia originated from central asia, say Korea and Japan for example. Their descendants all came from China, they just won't admit it
    I think I went over this. The original settlers of Formosa, now known as Taiwan, were Polynesian, not Chinese.

Seriously...how many times must I go through this?

Are all English people Latin?...Seriously, how ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    Just like with any other race, some Chinese girls are pretty and some aren't. There's a tiny Chinese girl on my course at uni. She looks about eight and is the prettiest little thing I've ever seen. She looks like a china doll (no pun intended!) and wouldn't say boo to a goose! Awww!

ReputationRep:
    at school lots of poeple get me mixed up with other chinese girls but we dont even look alike

one quick question: im really curious on what makes people think we look alike?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lil_kk)
    at school lots of poeple get me mixed up with other chinese girls but we dont even look alike

one quick question: im really curious on what makes people think we look alike?
    i know what you mean
    but cant help with ignorant people who like to assume

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elipsis)
    Do you no that i never knew Keanu Reeves was Asian!
    He is only part asian. He looks more white than anything else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SlyPie)
    Must I reiterate that 1/4 is not a small amount, and my 1/4 > your 0? (We did go over this simple mathematics earlier, remember?)

Anyway, I'm glad you've finally accepted the fact that I am right, because I am.

End of.

--------------

I think I went over this. The original settlers of Formosa, now known as Taiwan, were Polynesian, not Chinese.

Seriously...how many times must I go through this?

Are all English people Latin?...Seriously, how ridiculous.

Oh my lord JESUS.......you Käsekopf, how many times have I told you, cut out the whole Taiwan debate thing! I'm not interested. But I personally still feel that Taiwan IS part of China. So, you can't stop me. But this whole
    "look at me, look at me, I'm Taiwanese" thing, is just starting to get on my nerves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leah)
    Oh my lord JESUS.......you Käsekopf, how many times have I told you, cut out the whole Taiwan debate thing! I'm not interested. But I personally still feel that Taiwan IS part of China. So, you can't stop me. But this whole
    "look at me, look at me, I'm Taiwanese" thing, is just starting to get on my nerves.
    Look at me? When the **** did I say that? (Except right now...) I am merely correcting ignorance.
    If you don't like it, you can close this thread. I really don't care. This is a chatroom: hence chat. People are free to discuss whatever they please, especially since you asked a question specifically regarding "Chinese girls."

Maybe I'll start one about British girls and then end up making worthless statements and see what kind of reactions people give.

ReputationRep:
    I once went up to this asian broad in a club and asked her if i ahd met her if i had met her that night already. I had mistaken her for another girl quite innocently.She cracked a joke about how all oriental girls look the same i laughed,flirted and danced with her for like the next 10 minutes. It was a good night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bleeper)
    I once went up to this asian broad in a club and asked her if i ahd met her if i had met her that night already. I had mistaken her for another girl quite innocently.She cracked a joke about how all oriental girls look the same i laughed,flirted and danced with her for like the next 10 minutes. It was a good night.

hahaha, Ok this is going to sound really horrible, considering I am part Chinese, but one time I mixed up a Chinese girl with another one. (You have to keep in mind I was raised in a primarily Caucasian area.)

I went up and asked her how the project was going, and she said: what project?
    I'm like oh ****!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by susiemakemeblue)
    Just like with any other race, some Chinese girls are pretty and some aren't. There's a tiny Chinese girl on my course at uni. She looks about eight and is the prettiest little thing I've ever seen. She looks like a china doll (no pun intended!) and wouldn't say boo to a goose! Awww!
    hmm... "looks about 8" "prettiest little thing"

a word begining with P- and ending with -phile come to mind...

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.