The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
i am so disgusted with a lot of the comments on this forum. a lot of them are not only offensive but really disgustingly perverted. i'm half chinese and half brazilian and i find it this thread horribly insulting. china is a big country - there's no way you can bloody generalise and i hate people who can't tell the difference between the orientals and decide to lump them into the chinese category.
Reply 101
Elipsis
Ninja: The whole question was 'Do you find chinese girls attractive' Therfore asking me to make a generalisation about a whole race of people which i did from my own opinon - there is no debating that you can't win. IN MY OPINION is not up for debate. The 1 in 1000 was an estimate not just 2 numbers i have picked out of the air at random, also based on my opinion as there is no fact archive for whether people are pretty or not and the government doesn't, believe it or not, produce figures on the % of people per race that are attractive...

Actually that wasn't the direct question, and it seems like you were picking out two numbers randomly considering this: do you count how many people you have seen? Have you even seen that many? So in a way, it is random.

Nobody is asking you find certain people attractive if you don't; we are asking you to stop making random stereotypical judgments that are obviously unfounded.

--------------

Elipsis

I have also had a few Asian friends incase you wondered slypie :smile:.

Yes, stress: few.
Reply 102
The numbers arn't Random, their is a difference between Estimation and random figures... I would say that i have seen a few thousand chinese people in my lifetime and that perhaps only a handfull of these people were pretty to me... ONLY AN ESTIMATE NOT A STEREOTYPE DO NOT KILL ME!
Reply 103
Elipsis
The numbers arn't Random, their is a difference between Estimation and random figures...

One in two British people has a really large nose while one in three has ears that stick out. That's not a random figure, just my estimation, because I've seen all of them.

Now that the tables have turned: do you agree?

And doesn't the ability to estimate depend, at least partly, on evidence?
Reply 104
The estimation was done purely on the chinese people that i have seen- the only evidence this debate was asking for, if you have only seen English people with big noses and big ears then that would slightly effect what you thought of English people. With this as your only source of info to estimate upon then i would accept your view point.
Reply 105
Elipsis
The estimation was done purely on the chinese people that i have seen- the only evidence this debate was asking for, if you have only seen English people with big noses and big ears then that would slightly effect what you thought of English people. With this as your only source of info to estimate upon then i would accept your view point.

I still have to say though: you've seen 1000 Chinese people? That still doesn't make sense. At least my ratio is comprised of realistically accountable numbers.

But anyway, I'm glad you accept my point of view. It's just when someone starts a thread based on one race and people start making all of these types of comments, I have to defend the race, do I not?

I'm sure you would do the same if people, say American, made a thread solely on British people, in particular regarding their customs and looks without actually knowing about them. To be honest, I've heard quite a few Americans say that British people are generally ugly, without even visiting the UK. I don't really accept their opinion because they haven't even expanded their minds, at the risk of sounding cliche.

OMG. It's like a hurricane outside. Ok, anyway, wow. I hope San Francisco doesn't blow away...
Reply 106
Lmao, Elipsis yoou are a funny dude n SlyPie, god you are probably the feistiest chinese girl i've seen - like ever!

I think it must be the weather over in america, cos in england i'll have to agree with Elipsis that "a lot" (NOT ALL) chinese girls (and guys...) are fairly quiet.

That said i only have 3 chinese friends (girls) and they are all so damn loud (love them to bits though, and they are all BBC (British born chinese) so i think that has an effect, cos when i go back to china to visit family the girls there tend to be more "calm")

and btw i've seen(lived) in quite a few places and i can tell you that british is a lovely race but not the most attractive...(overall, of course there are attractive individuals...)

pps SlyPie what mix are you? I'm part chinese/part russian... n u r really pretty!
Reply 107
I didn't deny that chinese people can be hot, just that the of the ones i have seen i have not found pretty. I think its fair enough you want to defend the race but their are two sides to every debate and mine was that i don't find chinese girls pretty, not that they arn't pretty - because as they say beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

For the record i don't feel particularly patriotic but i can understand people who are. Perhaps chinese people open up slightly more when you are really good friends with them, ive had chinese friends but not exactly been really good friends with any chinese people.
Reply 108
Traum
Lmao, Elipsis yoou are a funny dude n SlyPie, god you are probably the feistiest chinese girl i've seen - like ever!

I think it must be the weather over in america, cos in england i'll have to agree with Elipsis that "a lot" (NOT ALL) chinese girls (and guys...) are fairly quiet.

That said i only have 3 chinese friends (girls) and they are all so damn loud (love them to bits though, and they are all BBC (British born chinese) so i think that has an effect, cos when i go back to china to visit family the girls there tend to be more "calm")

Feisty? I just have common sense. Thanks.

Hmm, I've never been to China, but that might be true.
Reply 109
SlyPie
Feisty? I just have common sense. Thanks.

Hmm, I've never been to China, but that might be true.

I've been twice, nice place, you sud visit sometime...n for the record "Taiwanise" is chinese since taiwan is officially a part of china
some chinese girls are quite hot, but i prefer asians (indian/pakistani/mauritian) girls. Chinese girls with blonde hair are HOT aswell !
Reply 111
Elipsis
I didn't deny that chinese people can be hot, just that the of the ones i have seen i have not found pretty. I think its fair enough you want to defend the race but their are two sides to every debate and mine was that i don't find chinese girls pretty, not that they arn't pretty - because as they say beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

For the record i don't feel particularly patriotic but i can understand people who are.

I'd be defending America if I were referring to patriotism. But I won't speak of how absolutely, fantastically great my country is.

As for your post, it doesn't connect. First you say that you haven't seen any that are pretty, and then say say pretty is subjective, and then insinuate that you haven't seen enough to judge looks in the first place. Should I disregard your judgment or what?
iceman_jondoe
some chinese girls are quite hot, but i prefer asians (indian/pakistani/mauritian) girls. Chinese girls with blonde hair are HOT aswell !

I don't think I've ever seen a Chinese girl with blonde hair!

Chinese girls are often hot.
Reply 113
Traum
I've been twice, nice place, you sud visit sometime...n for the record "Taiwanise" is chinese since taiwan is officially a part of china

Oh God. Not this. It has a separate government. Don't tell my grandfather that. He will slaughter you. The Taiwanese have their own language and are even different ethnicity-wise. His family has been on Taiwan for centuries and centuries.

FREE TAIWAN! WOO

(My Taiwanese grandfather is married to my Chinese grandmother and his family didn't like her because she was a "mainlander." Trust me on this: Taiwanese people do not like the Chinese nor do they believe that Taiwan is a part of China.
Reply 114
Elipsis

For the record i don't feel particularly patriotic but i can understand people who are. Perhaps chinese people open up slightly more when you are really good friends with them, ive had chinese friends but not exactly been really good friends with any chinese people.

Agreed there, i'm part chinese and have not found it easy to make chinese friends (maybe i'm unlovable?)... some chinese people my dad introduced me to are quiet and group together...they are nice so you can become "friends" with them, but not bestfriends...
Reply 115
iceman_jondoe
Chinese girls with blonde hair are HOT aswell !

Er, yes. You seem to have a great fashion sense.
Reply 116
I havn't seen enough chinese girls to fully say whether they are hot or not no, but of what i have seen i just havn't found them pretty, its alot easier for me to have an opinion smaller groups of people in my mind because i havn't come up against alot of people who have contradicted it. Pretty is definately a subjective thing.
Reply 117
Elipsis
I havn't seen enough chinese girls to fully say whether they are hot or not no, but of what i have seen i just havn't found them pretty. Pretty is definately a subjective thing.

Okay, thank you Dr. Phil. Well at least I've converted two people so far in my lifetime. I will convert more later.

(I have a thing for German guys. Sorry, just wanted to add that in.)
Reply 118
SlyPie
Oh God. Not this. It has a separate government. Don't tell my grandfather that. He will slaughter you. The Taiwanese have their own language and are even different ethnicity-wise. His family has been on Taiwan for centuries and centuries.

FREE TAIWAN! WOO

(My Taiwanese grandfather is married to my Chinese grandmother and his family didn't like her because she was a "mainlander." Trust me on this: Taiwanese people do not like the Chinese nor do they believe that Taiwan is a part of China.

eh? they have a separate language? Since when? strange that all their official documents are in "chinese" even though they have their own language...And yes some of them do hate china, but most don't really have a strong opinion about it... my grandad owns a mainland company in taiwan and i don't see people holding protest outside his company... neither does he have any problems understanding "taiwanise"

lol sorry to patronise, but i suppose my patorism is setting in~
Reply 119
Elipsis

Well I haven't had great friends who are Chinese either. But I'm not making unfounded "estimates" either.

Latest