Morning or evening sex? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
My boyfriend is always most horny in the morning.
He's very much a morning person. Some days he will wake up at 7.30am and, though he doesn't mean to, keep waking me up when I'm trying to have a nice lie in by grinding up against me, touching and kissing me cause he's 'in the mood'.

Thing is, morning is the time I feel most tired, most unenthusiastic about sex and least attractive (bed head, no make up etc). The rooms really bright and unromantic too. I always feel terrible for refusing him though so I've just let this continue for 2.5 years! I don't just let him do all the work either, I'll play my part. Sometimes I feel like I might as well just get it over with at 7am so he'll fall back to sleep afterwards and let me rest!

In the evening, he is always tired and very very rarely wants sex. I'd so much rather do it in the evenings more cause its darker (sets the mood a bit more), I'm more awake and feel more attractive and we can fall asleep afterwards. But because he's tired I always end up doing all the work when its evening sex.

Does anyone else have this sort of issue? We're long distance so its not like he's waking me up every day...but its every time I visit for the whole duration of my visit (which can be up to 7 days). Its starting to really annoy me :/
Sazzy890
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Firstly, have you tried talking to him about it? You say you've let it continue for 2.5 years but this could easily have been solved by talking about it!

Secondly, do it any time of the day
Anonymous #1
Yeah I've told him I'm tired in the mornings and I prefer it at other times of the day.
Its like he's so horny he can't help himself...
Clumsy_Chemist
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Being horny at different times is rubbish, I feel your pain. In his defence, I like mornings too. Try to negotiate a compromise? Some mornings and some evenings?
converselove
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
People actually have times when they're more horny? Geez...

Like Clumsy_Chemist, compromise would work?
Anonymous #2
Report 8 years ago
I have exactly the same issue. Long distance. Getting woken up at 7am for fun. It's flattering but I'm NOT a morning person. I've refused once or twice due to simply being exhausted, but I always feel bad like he's gotten the hump with my lack of arousal. I'm just too darn tired! The best time is mid-evening, or night if the day's not been too knackering! I have complete sympathy for you. We've not been going long, but 2.5 years?! Wow... say something, like a proper foot-down chat! I would/will if we're together for a while longer.
Floob
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If you're long distance aren't you going to want to be at it like rabbits when you're actually together?

I know I wouldn't particularly care about the time of day after a couple of weeks without sex!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have exactly the same issue. Long distance. Getting woken up at 7am for fun. It's flattering but I'm NOT a morning person. I've refused once or twice due to simply being exhausted, but I always feel bad like he's gotten the hump with my lack of arousal. I'm just too darn tired! The best time is mid-evening, or night if the day's not been too knackering! I have complete sympathy for you. We've not been going long, but 2.5 years?! Wow... say something, like a proper foot-down chat! I would/will if we're together for a while longer.
Glad I'm not the only one! It makes me feel lazy for not being all awake like he is and up for it. I have nothing against morning sex, its just every day I'm there is a bit annoying and he can got for it 2-3 times in a morning! Then he doesn't want it later in the day particularly because he wore himself out earlier...
Yeah I think I need to actually lay it out and tell him to STOP waking me up so early. Past 8.30 I can cope with but not at 6.30-7!

(Original post by Floob)
If you're long distance aren't you going to want to be at it like rabbits when you're actually together?

I know I wouldn't particularly care about the time of day after a couple of weeks without sex!
We are lol. But it does wear me out right at the beginning of the day and I wish he could bide his time a bit till later when I feel a bit more into it and attractive.
Indiesaurusrex
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I was reading somewhere that men's hormone levels are wayyyyy higher in the morning, which is why he wants it then! So yeah, I get why it's annoying, I'm not a morning person either, but he's not exactly doing it by choice!!
Try a compromise?
Anonymous #2
Report 8 years ago
Lol I find it's difficult to compromise, since that involves doing it, or doing at least something to avoid your guy being unhappy. My kind of compromise would be 'ok, let's have some more sleep at then maybe in an hour or two, ok?', but from the guy's point of view it's 'no, now.' or 'ok ok FINE!' *has the hump*. I know they can't control their hormones... just makes me feel like the bad guy if I'm literally too comatose to move. I mean I would just lie there and say 'ok you get on with it if you want it that badly', but then I get 'oh come on, at least try to find some enthusiasm'. I can't force an erection, any less than guys can stop their morning glory! If only they could understand it's not a personal thing!
PalmOnFace
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
well, two options here:

1. he is not oppressed enough with the job and not tired by the end of the day, keep him busy :-) I believe he will sleep much longer.

2. negotiate, negotiate ... and be more active in the evening
strawberry
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
lol my boyfriend's the same way ... goes crazy on me in the morning. I love it though ... but if you don't, I think you should be talking about it.
Anonymous #3
Report 8 years ago
I have the exact same problem, my boyfriend is also a morning person. We're also long-distance, and when we're together often do it sometime during the day when we're both properly awake... compromise
meenu89
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Morning; he goes to work with a smile on his face.
Lukely
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hmmmmm I'm indifferent. I'm always on a constant scale of tiredness and I just generally float through the day. My man-hornyness spells come up verrrry randomly. I do love a cuddle first thing in the morning though.
HARRY PUTAH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Google morning glory.

Men and women can do it with good results for the rest of the day.
JK471993
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
My compromise would be lunch break at work.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (234)
39.39%
No - but I will (40)
6.73%
No - I don't want to (43)
7.24%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (277)
46.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed