Student finance & dropping out Watch

Ruffed_Up
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
So I've heard that if I drop out for my first ever year at my first ever course, I'll still be eligible for funding when I return to uni (I don't plan on returning until Sep 2012).

However I've also heard that I could only be funded for my second and third years but I'd have to pay the first year myself?? If this is true then that's ridiculous cause how in the hell am I meant to pay £9000 by 2012?

Can someone just confirm this please? Someone who actually knows for certain.
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Ruffed_Up)
So I've heard that if I drop out for my first ever year at my first ever course, I'll still be eligible for funding when I return to uni (I don't plan on returning until Sep 2012).

However I've also heard that I could only be funded for my second and third years but I'd have to pay the first year myself?? If this is true then that's ridiculous cause how in the hell am I meant to pay £9000 by 2012?

Can someone just confirm this please? Someone who actually knows for certain.
The rule is that you'll have funding for the length of your course + 1 year - any previous years' funding. This means if you next course is 3 years, then you will still get 3 years funding.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (260)
38.86%
No - but I will (46)
6.88%
No - I don't want to (49)
7.32%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (314)
46.94%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise