The Student Room Group

Who knew what an ex-poly was before joining TSR

Poll

Did you know what an ex-poly was before joining TSR?

Just curious because I didn't :tongue:.
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I still don't know what it is? :erm:
I didn't even know what the flipping Russell group was :colondollar:
I did, but parts of my school seems to have been run on TSR principles.
I didn't until I just googled it...
Reply 5
No but I knew what a less desirable university was.
Reply 6
I knew, but then I live pretty near Anglia Ruskin so I'd heard of that uni and that it used to be a poly.

Oddly enough, when I searched 'ex-poly' to make sure I was right on that, a TSR thread was the first result..
I did because my dad went to a poly(Brighton) after failing to get into a uni(Sussex uni)...

He ended up at a decent job in the city though after working his way up through the bank by doing the professional banking tests...
I did, my mum's a bit militant on the whole thing.
Original post by laut_biru
I knew, but then I live pretty near Anglia Ruskin so I'd heard of that uni and that it used to be a poly.

Oddly enough, when I searched 'ex-poly' to make sure I was right on that, a TSR thread was the first result..

How near?
didn't know what ex-polys were, but did know you got **** unis and which ones they were.....

EDIT: why the neg?
(edited 13 years ago)
I knew but I can't remember why.
Reply 12
Well I knew what a polytechnic was, so I probably knew what an ex-poly was, but I had never really thought about it before because I previously had no interest in going to university. I didn't know what the Russell Group was before I starting using TSR :colondollar:
Not really, I think I'd heard of an ex-poly but didn't really understand what it meant in the hierachy of universities. I also didn't know as much about league tables, uni snobbery, subject snobbery, uni inverse snobbery and subject inverse snobbery. Or chavs...
Reply 14
My parents referred to them a lot when I was asking their advice about which universities to pick so, although I don't really quite understand what they are exactly, I have a general idea :P
Yes I did, when I was researching which universities to apply to.
Anyone care to give us a definition? I still don't get it.
Reply 17
What are they??
wasn't aware until reading this thread, and still am not to some extent. You should have included an additional option on your poll.
Original post by Mr Smurf

Mr Smurf, do you even know what's your ethnicity?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending