MSc in Finance Watch

ammel-ts1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hi,

I've recently confirmed my place at this course (2011-12) and now I'm desperately trying to locate the rest of the pack. Any other lost msc in finance offer holder here?

-v
J.babyblue
Report 8 years ago
i have applied to MSc finance as well, may I ask how long have you waited for? and what background u hold to get an offer?
ammel-ts1
Rep:
?
(Original post by J.babyblue)
i have applied to MSc finance as well, may I ask how long have you waited for? and what background u hold to get an offer?
Applied in December, got an offer in January - roughly 30 days waiting time in total, mind you that's including holidays. As for my background, its pretty standard: overseas non-eu student, BA 1st class (mid-tier uni), 2 years prof experience (banking/consulting).

And what's your background if I may ask?
J.babyblue
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ammel-ts1)
Applied in December, got an offer in January - roughly 30 days waiting time in total, mind you that's including holidays. As for my background, its pretty standard: overseas non-eu student, BA 1st class (mid-tier uni), 2 years prof experience (banking/consulting).

And what's your background if I may ask?
Im on a business related BA in the SE england, expected to graduate with 2.1 No related experience but want to get into banking and finance career. I guess it will be a long wait for me as my two referees still haven't sent off the references.
ammel-ts1
Rep:
?
(Original post by J.babyblue)
Im on a business related BA in the SE england, expected to graduate with 2.1 No related experience but want to get into banking and finance career. I guess it will be a long wait for me as my two referees still haven't sent off the references.
Oh I'm sure you will get that offer Good luck!
viktorpetrov
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I got accepted as well. However, still not sure St Andrews or Durham Uni.
I plan to attend the open day on 23rd of march, hopefully will help me to decide
ammel-ts1
Rep:
?
(Original post by viktorpetrov)
I got accepted as well. However, still not sure St Andrews or Durham Uni.
I plan to attend the open day on 23rd of march, hopefully will help me to decide
Would be great to know about your final choice (and the reasoning behind it)
mashrur.m.khan
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I got into MSc. in Finance at St. Andrews, as well as MSc. in Economics and International Financial Economics at the University of Warwick. I really like the study programme of MSc. in Finance, and I'm more of a Finance guy than Economics, but University of Warwick seems to be more popular. Any comments on my dilemma, anyone?
Ecosse_14
  • Study Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by mashrur.m.khan)
I got into MSc. in Finance at St. Andrews, as well as MSc. in Economics and International Financial Economics at the University of Warwick. I really like the study programme of MSc. in Finance, and I'm more of a Finance guy than Economics, but University of Warwick seems to be more popular. Any comments on my dilemma, anyone?
If you want to study finance, then study it instead of wasting your time studying economics when it's not really what you want to do.
mashrur.m.khan
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
See, I plan to work for financial services/banks/consultancy firms after I complete my master degree, and these institutions hire people with both finance and economics degree (provided you prove your worth) , since economics and finance share many common characteristics. So, right now, more than my choice of degree, I think I should rather focus on the reputation of the University I'm going to. And since I'm an international student, the ranking guides are my only source of information about universities, and University of Warwick is usually placed higher than University of St. Andrews in most of the universities ranking guides I've come across.
viktorpetrov
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ammel-ts1)
Would be great to know about your final choice (and the reasoning behind it)
I decided to go to Durham at the end. i visited both places and St Andrews is beautiful but i want to study Financial management so durham it is and St Chads college.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (551)
37.84%
No - but I will (114)
7.83%
No - I don't want to (102)
7.01%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (689)
47.32%

Watched Threads