Sports Science or Sports Coaching? Watch

JL10
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Just wanted abit of advice. I guess I'll know when I go to visit soon but basically, I've been accepted for Sports Science at Aber and Sports Coaching at UCLAN. ideally, I'd rather do Sports Coaching because that's the route in life I'd love to take but Sports Coaching, I'm just not sure gives you the sort of degree that offers a lot of different roles in future employment. Where as Sports Science is more respected and a course that can give you more options, also teaching which is something I could very well be interested in. Although looking at sports coaching, it does seem as if a few people who have graduated have took up the sort of jobs which would be basically dream work for me but I don't know if that's just a very select few or is sort of across the whole course. I was wondering if people know anything or have any advice?

I badly want to do Sports Coaching but have to think about the future and don't think you can go into a course without to many prospects employment wise. However it is a great uni for sport I believe so ....what do you think?

I'm going to visit April 15th anyway but would like to here a few things?

also is there any other threads about this sort of stuff on the Web where I could read?
Minerva
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by JL10)
Just wanted abit of advice. I guess I'll know when I go to visit soon but basically, I've been accepted for Sports Science at Aber and Sports Coaching at UCLAN. ideally, I'd rather do Sports Coaching because that's the route in life I'd love to take but Sports Coaching, I'm just not sure gives you the sort of degree that offers a lot of different roles in future employment. Where as Sports Science is more respected and a course that can give you more options, also teaching which is something I could very well be interested in. Although looking at sports coaching, it does seem as if a few people who have graduated have took up the sort of jobs which would be basically dream work for me but I don't know if that's just a very select few or is sort of across the whole course. I was wondering if people know anything or have any advice?

I badly want to do Sports Coaching but have to think about the future and don't think you can go into a course without to many prospects employment wise. However it is a great uni for sport I believe so ....what do you think?

I'm going to visit April 15th anyway but would like to here a few things?

also is there any other threads about this sort of stuff on the Web where I could read?
You can do a Google search just as easily as I can...

Seriously, though, I would suggest that keeping your options open at undergrad level makes sense, but I know very little about Sports Science and can't begin to comment on job prospects for either of those degrees.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.74%
No - but I will (102)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (635)
47.74%

Watched Threads