Registered with two dentists. Watch

blue n white army
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I'm registered with an NHS dentist back home which i last visted in september went away to uni and a couple of weeks ago chipped my teeth really bad.
Once the emergency clinic had sealed them i registered with an NHS dentist here in newcastle so i could get a permanent fix - the temporary fillings didn't work very well and were a bit uncomfortable aswell as horrible looking.

Does it matter that i'm registered to two NHS dentist and should i have told my new/old dentist at somepoint? it never crossed my mind till i came out the dentist today.
blue n white army
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
perhaps if the title of this thread was more whiney i'd get a response.
kathx1
Badges: 0
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by BabyfacedDom)
I'm registered with an NHS dentist back home which i last visted in september went away to uni and a couple of weeks ago chipped my teeth really bad.
Once the emergency clinic had sealed them i registered with an NHS dentist here in newcastle so i could get a permanent fix - the temporary fillings didn't work very well and were a bit uncomfortable aswell as horrible looking.

Does it matter that i'm registered to two NHS dentist and should i have told my new/old dentist at somepoint? it never crossed my mind till i came out the dentist today.
As far as I know, there isn't actually a proper registration for NHS dentists at the moment. That's what my uni dentist told me anyway.
It might seem like you registered by filling out some forms but I think that's more just for them to keep track of people rather than actually officially registering. My uni dentist told me that going to their practice shouldn't affect being able to go to my home dentist. So I guess you don't technically have to tell either dentist although you may want to tell your old dentist next time you go for a checkup that you had a problem while at uni and had some treatment there just so they know what's been going on. Hope that made sense and helped a bit
Magnanimity
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Where do you live?

Do you sign a blue form when you go?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (112)
38.75%
No - but I will (13)
4.5%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.92%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (144)
49.83%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise