Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Not only is St Andrews by the sea (and has great beaches), it's also in the countryside. Gets a bit cold in the winter though.

Lovely town and great people.

ReputationRep:
    I really like being at Sussex - close enough to be convenient for Brighton and the sea, but far enough out to be in lovely relaxed countryside as well.

I have friends at Aberyswyth as well and it's beautiful there...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dogtanian)
    I go there and it's loveliness.
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    Edinburgh Uni is, kinda

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you need St Andrews, badly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChemistBoy)
    Sounds like you need St Andrews, badly.
    Nobody needs to be that cold. I'm in Southampton and i'm freezing! I need the smog and pollution of London to keep me warm.

ReputationRep:
    Sussex is 4 miles from brighton beach and the only university in the UK in an area of outstanding natural beauty. I've been for a couple of walks around the downs and they're lovely.

I love it here, i'd recommend it to anyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abbie)
    Sussex is 4 miles from brighton beach and the only university in the UK in an area of outstanding natural beauty. I've been for a couple of walks around the downs and they're lovely.

I love it here, i'd recommend it to anyone!
    Ditto. It's great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abbie)
    Sussex is the only university in the UK in an area of outstanding natural beauty.
    That's not true - Swansea is on the Gowar, which is also an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.

Swansea's campus is next to the sea - you can see it from the top of the library.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Checking for Spies)
    The Mumbles is nice but the town centre etc....?! Eesh.
    There's nothing wrong with Swansea's town centre! I particularly like the fact it has a ruined castle right in the middle, but there are loads of other pluses too, such as the great covered market. Architecture on the whole is fine, as far as I can tell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kew)
    That's not true - Swansea is on the Gowar, which is also an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.

Swansea's campus is next to the sea - you can see it from the top of the library.
    Swansea is the closest campus to the sea in Britain, and the 2nd closest in the world! There are lots of other really beautiful beaches nearby as well, out in the Gower peninsula - this was the first place in Britain to be awarded Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
    The campus is in the middle of greenery, ie. Singleton Park, as well.
    The city centre is not 'dire' - some of it is really really nice - think the Maritime Quarter, Castle Square, Wind Street, the traditional covered market, etc.!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ferrus)
    Edinburgh Uni is, kinda
    Edinburgh uni is in the city really, though it's close to the hills. And the firth of forth is on the far side of Edinburgh, i.e. several miles away. It's not one I would really consider in these respects.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kew)
    I think the prospectus says that Sussex is the only university where the campus is wholly within an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.

ReputationRep:
    I think the prospectus says that Sussex is the only university where the campus is wholly within an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
    It would seem that they are correct. Sussex is the only university in England located within an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. That said, it's warmer down here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wise One)
    It would seem that they are correct. Sussex is the only university in England located within an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. That said, it's warmer down here.
    Ah, that makes sense.

I don't think warmer's an issue at this time of year though! That said, March onwards'll be great

ReputationRep:
    Bangor uni is in a great location - right by the Menai Straits amid the scenery of Snowdonia. Absolutely gorgeous. (And Bangor itself is nice...you'd still be living in a bustling town.)

ReputationRep:
    Indeed it is! I love Bangor :love:

ReputationRep:
    The problem is that the Academic year runs over the winter, so wherever you go in this country, you won't get a lot of nice weather. I'm at Plymouth Uni (about 5 miles from Cornwall) but it is always raining, wet and cold lol. Lovely in the summer though, but as I say, that is when you go back home!

ReputationRep:
    I go there and it's loveliness.
    :rofl:

But it's true.

ReputationRep:
    I've found the weather here in Brighton a lot better than London in November...and looking out on to the downs from my kitchen window is lovely

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.