The Student Room Group

How do you know if you miss an ex? :/

How do you know if you miss an ex?
I thought I'd moved on, but now I'm not so sure.
Does the fact I'm doubting whether I've moved on or not mean that I definitely haven't? Or is it normal to randomly miss someone after a fairly long period of time?
Reply 1
It depends how big a part of your life they where.

I went out with my ex for a year and we where very close, so even though now I have moved on and it's been years, I still get random flash backs and miss them. If their a big part of your life, you will still look back and feel sad you don't speak anymore or that you where so happy what went wrong etc.

It doesn't mean your not over someone though.
Only you know if your truly over them. And tbh what does it really matter.
You can heal in your own time. There's no rush!
Reply 2
I think if you're spending a lot of time each day missing them and thinking about them you might not be fully over them, rather than the occasional reminscense.
Reply 3
Original post by snufkin_

Original post by snufkin_
It depends how big a part of your life they where.

I went out with my ex for a year and we where very close, so even though now I have moved on and it's been years, I still get random flash backs and miss them. If their a big part of your life, you will still look back and feel sad you don't speak anymore or that you where so happy what went wrong etc.

It doesn't mean your not over someone though.
Only you know if your truly over them. And tbh what does it really matter.
You can heal in your own time. There's no rush!

Yeah, that seems exactly like me. Thankyou :smile: I just felt a bit concerned that I was feeling this way when we broke up over a year ago & haven't spoke in months.
Reply 4
Original post by MovingOn

Original post by MovingOn
I think if you're spending a lot of time each day missing them and thinking about them you might not be fully over them, rather than the occasional reminscense.

No, it's not a lot of time, It's just the occasional thought, that then leads to me missing him.. thanks :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Cheekelly
No, it's not a lot of time, It's just the occasional thought, that then leads to me missing him.. thanks :smile:

I would say that's normal. :smile:
Just because you are no longer dating someone doesn't wipe out all the time and happy memories you had with them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending