This is why you shouldn't grass Watch

The-Real-One
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...scrounger.html

No one likes a grass.. the elderly couple only have themselves to blame, you'd think they'd have learnt something during the 80years they were alive.
noobynoo
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
at least they should have sent in the video anonymously. i would never trust the government to keep a secret.
Zonvolt
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yet benefit fraud costs taxpayers £1.5?billion a year; the equivalent of six new hospitals or 40,000 extra teachers, nurses or police officers.
:mad:
Alcibiades
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Are the DWP suppossed to send bodyguards?
I had some sympathy for the fraudster fellow untill I found out his name was "Douglas Hannibal" and his weight was 15st.
The-Real-One
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by Zonvolt)
:mad:
Benefit fraud doesn't cost the tax payer as much as the figures quote, it is pure rubbish, here is why.

The poorest on average spend more in any extra pound they're given. So basically those on benefits spend all their money in the local economy because they're geographically bound and not very digitally aware. Inevitable they live inareas of deprivation that is entirely funded by the council.

The point is all the money they spend will go straight back into taxes, beer, ****, petrol, etc are all heavily taxed. They are also heavily reliant on state services.

It's not like they stash all their benefits in an offshore account in Antigua out of reach, the govt gets all their money back off the benefit claimants.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
38.94%
No - but I will (46)
6.78%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.52%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (317)
46.76%

Watched Threads