WJEC AS English Lit Sheenagh Pugh HELP!!! Watch

Confused_London
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hi everyone.

If anyone is currently studying or has studied WJEC AS English Lit and did Carol Ann Duffy/Sheenagh Pugh for the poetry, do you have any tips/websites/revision notes to help with studying Sheenagh Pugh. It is the partner text and we are supposed to be studying it independently - I have no idea where to start.

Any help would be great. Thanks.
The.Night.Watch.Woman
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hey - I'm doing the same course D: We did an exam in January and I completely messed it up, so I'm re-sitting.... well I get the results in a few days time (the 10th D but I know it went awfully.

SO, This time I'm typing up each poem - yes each and every poem D: and then once i've typed out the poem I make a list of headings that are the Assessment Objectives for the examination:
A01 Form & Structure: (Then put a bit about the poem's form and structure, its effect, meaning and why Duffy/Pugh have used it)
A01 Language: (The language and its effect and meaning) A02 is basically the meaning of effect of the language, form and structure...
then I put A03 Context: (when Duffy wrote it, any historical event - basically the context of the poem).
and A03 Links with other poems (Duffy & Pugh) - (I list a few poems and why they have links/connections).

Your best practicing essays as well and categorising all poems into themes - I certainly need to, I'm hopeless under time conditions, and generally just panic..... :|

The exam is 23rd May at our school - how are you finding the subject? Have you started coursework - if so, what books are you doing?

Best of Luck,

Jen
The.Night.Watch.Woman
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
oh and what are you doing for your play/dramascript?
The.Night.Watch.Woman
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
for Sheenagh Pugh: check out this website http://www.revisionnotes.yolasite.com/new-poems

and also googling Sheenagh Pugh and finding her website is pretty useful. Hope all this helps.
Selym95
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by The.Night.Watch.Woman)
Hey - I'm doing the same course D: We did an exam in January and I completely messed it up, so I'm re-sitting.... well I get the results in a few days time (the 10th D but I know it went awfully.

SO, This time I'm typing up each poem - yes each and every poem D: and then once i've typed out the poem I make a list of headings that are the Assessment Objectives for the examination:
A01 Form & Structure: (Then put a bit about the poem's form and structure, its effect, meaning and why Duffy/Pugh have used it)
A01 Language: (The language and its effect and meaning) A02 is basically the meaning of effect of the language, form and structure...
then I put A03 Context: (when Duffy wrote it, any historical event - basically the context of the poem).
and A03 Links with other poems (Duffy & Pugh) - (I list a few poems and why they have links/connections).

Your best practicing essays as well and categorising all poems into themes - I certainly need to, I'm hopeless under time conditions, and generally just panic..... :|

The exam is 23rd May at our school - how are you finding the subject? Have you started coursework - if so, what books are you doing?

Best of Luck,

Jen
My sitting is May 16th, unfortunately I haven't devoted my time to English yet, due to the lack of motivation for creativity. However, i agree with those revision techniques and will be adapting very soon. P.S. How are you ensuring you get the top marks?
Lobz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by The.Night.Watch.Woman)

Best of Luck,

Jen
I'm quite sure we are not assessed on AO3 context for the poetry. And we're not marked on AO3 comparison for the play.

I don't really like Pugh.... Name:  220px-Sheenaghpugh.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  28.3 KB

CRAZY CAT LADY!!!!!

LOL, a not amazing, but pretty good poet though... I find it hard to match her themes to CAD's.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (558)
37.78%
No - but I will (115)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (103)
6.97%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (701)
47.46%

Watched Threads