AQA AS French Oral Exam! Watch

diesha
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
So i am doing AS French with AQA, have my oral exam coming up soon, but am so confused as to what it includes..

I understand there is a role play.. does one get to choose the topic for that? What does one normally pick, their strongest or their weakest?

Whats the presentation? I only found out about that yesterday! :O

And is the general discussion the actual questions? How many topics will that be on? 2 out of the 4?

I would really appreciate if someone could clarify the above for me, asked my teacher but she wasn't very helpful.

Thank you!
DoctorsCompanion:)
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It's not a role play like in GCSE exams - you are given a card, which will be be about one of the subtopics - you are given two, and can choose between them. You have 5 questions, and you prepare your answers for these, lasting 2 and a half minutes. There is then a further 2 and a half minutes talking about things you've already said, and this is unprepared.
You don't do a presentation, but you choose a subtopic and prepare questions and answers on this, and this section should last around 4 minutes.
The rest of the time is general conversation, and will be on the final two topics. It's probably best to have these as your strongest/easiest topics, because this should be the hardest part of the exam really - You don't learn questions of by heart, because it does need to be a real conversation, and sound more natural than just having learnt them off by heart. So, what I've done is chosen TV as my chosen topic, so that I don't have to talk about publicity, and I'm hoping that for the speaking card, I'll be able to choose so that I'll still have family/relationships for the general conversation, since I find that easy.
The times may vary slightly, but the ones I've mentioned are what my school recommends.
If you want to know anything else, then ask because I've already been through it all with Spanish, and now again with French so I can probably help!
Meg_barrett
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
That has made me relax bit more-my exam is in a wek or so and i am bricking it!! xx
loopy786
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I have my exam on Wednesday D: Did you guys get to do mocks?
diesha
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Had my real one last week, oh it was awful, the nerves got to me so bad! Reckon I did worse in the real thing than mock (yes I had mock )
Good luck to everyone else who has not had it!
loopy786
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I didn't get a mock and I'm in Year 11, getting on average at least 38 hours less than normal AS students and I HATE MY FRICKING FRENCH DEPT. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (189)
39.54%
No - but I will (28)
5.86%
No - I don't want to (33)
6.9%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (228)
47.7%

Watched Threads