Exeter or York? Watch

Shmeiks
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Ok, basically I have an unconditional for Bsc Physics at York and a conditional for the same course at Exeter, the conditions being that the remark that was pending went up the 1% to the next grade. The remark did go up, by 0.972%, meaning that I was 0.028% from the offer !! Anyway, the dilemma is: do I wait for Exeter to decide whether to take me or not on the 18th August, and do you think they will take into account that I was 0.026% from the offer? - The downside is I don't get my pick of York accommodation. OR do I firm York and decline Exeter and get my pick of accommodation? Really need some opinions, as I like both York and Exeter, but prestige does matter to me and it seems like Exeter has the edge, as well as many people from my old school being there.

Any replies would be very welcome.
Minerva
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Shmeiks)
Ok, basically I have an unconditional for Bsc Physics at York and a conditional for the same course at Exeter, the conditions being that the remark that was pending went up the 1% to the next grade. The remark did go up, by 0.972%, meaning that I was 0.028% from the offer !! Anyway, the dilemma is: do I wait for Exeter to decide whether to take me or not on the 18th August, and do you think they will take into account that I was 0.026% from the offer? - The downside is I don't get my pick of York accommodation. OR do I firm York and decline Exeter and get my pick of accommodation? Really need some opinions, as I like both York and Exeter, but prestige does matter to me and it seems like Exeter has the edge, as well as many people from my old school being there.

Any replies would be very welcome.
My honest opinion is that you should not take 'prestige' into account, rather you should look at the course structure and content and decide which you prefer. If you can't take any uncertainty about accommodation, the answer to your question is obvious, isn't it?
Shmeiks
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by Minerva)
My honest opinion is that you should not take 'prestige' into account, rather you should look at the course structure and content and decide which you prefer. If you can't take any uncertainty about accommodation, the answer to your question is obvious, isn't it?
Course content and structure is almost identical, and I do not need certainty about accommodation, but obviously it would be a plus to be able to choose. So basically it falls between the uni I prefer, and the one at which I could get my pick of accommodation; what a pickle.
Minerva
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Shmeiks)
Course content and structure is almost identical, and I do not need certainty about accommodation, but obviously it would be a plus to be able to choose. So basically it falls between the uni I prefer, and the one at which I could get my pick of accommodation; what a pickle.
See Firm and insurance choices for some help on choosing. You have plenty of time - two months at least, so don't rush it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (236)
39.14%
No - but I will (41)
6.8%
No - I don't want to (45)
7.46%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (281)
46.6%

Watched Threads