Drug Discovery Watch

zooop
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hi,

I applied in November for the Drug Discovery PhD and have only now got a reply saying I'll have a decision of some form after the 18th March! Has anyone else applied to this and has had an offer/interview/rejection or even anymore news?!

Thanks.
kimberley3
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hi I've also applied to the 4 year drug discovery programme at UCL, I had an email about the same time at you did, basically saying thanks for my interest etc etc, and I should hear back by March 30th!! (which alarms me a bit, as the advertisment for this PhD programme states that interviews will be at the end of Feb, with offers being made min March) this did seam like a generic email though....
Have you heard anything else?
MrBurners
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I also got this email and I was myself a little worried because I hadn't heard from them by the end of February. However, yesterday evening I received an email inviting me for interview so perhaps you guys will also recieve an invitation over the next few days (Or may have done already!).

I have applied for a few courses at UCL and in my experience the deadlines given by both the department webpages and the admissions emails have been incorrect. I was told the number of applications to most courses was higher than expected so admissions was overburdened and things got delayed a little bit. Emailing the programme coordinators has been the only way I have been able to get realistic estimates about decision timelines etc.

Best of luck to both of you! Perhaps I will see you on interview day.
zooop
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hey!

I think they were just being late this year. I also have an interview, but looking at their schedule, the are only interviewing 14 people for around 10 places. I think we all stand a very good chance of getting in!

Where else have either of you applied?
MrBurners
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
How did you figure out they had 10 positions? I was trying to find some information on the webpage regarding how many people they let onto the course last year, but I was unable to find anything. Perhaps I wasn't looking hard enough .

If you are correct though that does take the pressure off just a little. I have applied for a course at ICL and two other courses at UCL. I really want to study in London and also really like how the courses are structured with the first year taught courses.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
    Sat, 29 Jun '19
    Sat, 7 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (293)
37.61%
No - but I will (56)
7.19%
No - I don't want to (56)
7.19%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (374)
48.01%

Watched Threads