Why does my friend act so moody when i'm with my boyfriend? Watch

LUCYPOOCEY
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I've just gotten together with someone i've been friends with for over a year, my friend has also been friends with him but i'm pretty sure doesn't like him in that way as she recently told me who she does like. She seems really supportive and happy when i talk to her about us but then when i'm with him she starts acting really strange.. She gets really moody and angry about tiny things, and i asked her what was wrong last time and she just snapped "nothing!". I don't understand it, i don't want this to ruin our friendship.
StuAndMma
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Either jealous that he's taking your attention or fancies your boyfriend.

Either way, sucks for you!
haz864
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
She is probably just jealous!
LissRules!!
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by StuAndMma)
Either jealous that he's taking your attention or fancies your boyfriend.

Either way, sucks for you!

This.
bognor-regis
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
She might be on her period.
losingtouch.
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
jealousy.

just make sure you spend enough time with your friends and don't let this guy take over your life completely. you don't want to isolate yourself and end up with it being awkward when/if you guys break up.
JJJ3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
sounds like she either lied and does fancy your boyfriend

Or more likely reason, is jealous of the fact you have a boyfriend and wants the same thing back...not necessarily with him, but just wants a relationship
haveyoumetmissjones
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
There could be loads of reasons!
A. She could be jealous that you're with someone
B. Did you tell her you liked this guy first? If so, she might have lied and said she liked someone else.
C. It sounds like she could just feel left out. She was friends with both of you before you got together, and now maybe she feels like pushed aside. It isn't that she's jealous, she just feels out of place.
D. Something else entirely that we strangers cannot possibly fathom.

Either way, when you're all together, just try and make sure she's involved and pay her a bit of attention.
Accalia
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Maybe you ignore her when you're with your boyfriend? Because I have a friend like that, and when she was with her ex I used to end up in a really bad mood - I'd been invited out but made to feel like a third wheel.
Mistersjmcg
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Because you ignore your girlfriends and go all lovely dovey with your boyfriend, like every ***** does.
Phobia27
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Maybe she fancies you?
supernova92
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If you're really close, she might be feeling a bit left out. Especially if you're all in the same group of friends...
Also, she may have quite a bit on her mind atm etc.
(Original post by haveyoumetmissjones)
B. Did you tell her you liked this guy first? If so, she might have lied and said she liked someone else.
C. It sounds like she could just feel left out. She was friends with both of you before you got together, and now maybe she feels like pushed aside. It isn't that she's jealous, she just feels out of place.

Either way, when you're all together, just try and make sure she's involved and pay her a bit of attention.
Actually pretty much this ^
PAPAdawg
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
like 99.i999% of all personal conflicts in this world...this is caused by JEALOUSY

and you know it, but u darenot say it yourself or you'll be called cocky/arrogant/up yourself etc

which is unfair, and is why jealousy prevails. cos it is taboo to say others are jealous of yourself, even when really obvious

cut her out, you dont need people like that
Maths Freak!!!
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Maybe she feels lonely because she doesn't have a boyfriend, so when you and your bf are there snogging the face of each other, she ain't exacly going be over the moon.
Converse
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Phobia27)
Maybe she fancies you?
That's what I was gonna say.
LUCYPOOCEY
Rep:
?
(Original post by haveyoumetmissjones)

No i didn't tell her i liked him first, which is why i'm pretty sure she doesn't like him in that way.. Unless she changed her mind in the period in between. I think the most likely reason could be C because in her eyes he was friends equally with us before and now obviously he's a lot closer to me.. I do try and make sure she's involved but she makes it so awkward by snapping or just nodding when i ask her anything. It's just weird because as soon as we're alone she's back to normal, and now i've given up talking about him with her because i don't want to remind her in case she gets in a bad mood again.
haveyoumetmissjones
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by LUCYPOOCEY)
No i didn't tell her i liked him first, which is why i'm pretty sure she doesn't like him in that way.. Unless she changed her mind in the period in between. I think the most likely reason could be C because in her eyes he was friends equally with us before and now obviously he's a lot closer to me.. I do try and make sure she's involved but she makes it so awkward by snapping or just nodding when i ask her anything. It's just weird because as soon as we're alone she's back to normal, and now i've given up talking about him with her because i don't want to remind her in case she gets in a bad mood again.
It must feel rubbish from both sides, and I think you hit the nail on the head - she thought you were equally friends. Maybe get him to spend a bit of time with her too? Or even if you're with a group of friends maybe just chose her over him for a bit?

However, also remember that you can only appease her for so long. If she carried on acting like this, confront her. Tell her you're trying really hard to be patient and remain friends, but you're worried you've done something to upset her. But make sure you do it when no one else it around. Hope it gets better!
LUCYPOOCEY
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rozap)
this happened to me too, i asked her what was wrong and she got really defensive and i still don't know what to do about it so i just avoid ever mentioning him now in front of her! so awkward.
So did it not fade? I've only been with him openly for a couple of days, so i was just hoping she'd get used to it :confused:
shadow99
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Jealousy.
Great Lord Xenu
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by LUCYPOOCEY)
I've just gotten together with someone i've been friends with for over a year, my friend has also been friends with him but i'm pretty sure doesn't like him in that way as she recently told me who she does like. She seems really supportive and happy when i talk to her about us but then when i'm with him she starts acting really strange.. She gets really moody and angry about tiny things, and i asked her what was wrong last time and she just snapped "nothing!". I don't understand it, i don't want this to ruin our friendship.
I think that the decent thing to do here is obvious. Offer her a threesome.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (189)
39.54%
No - but I will (28)
5.86%
No - I don't want to (33)
6.9%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (228)
47.7%

Watched Threads