I want a brand new corsa, i'm 22 yrs old. How much would I have to pay a month? Watch

markyp
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I have seen the brand new corsa and would like to have one, but how much would it cost me per month? I am only on around £1000 a month in my job, so would it take up a large amount?
inksplodge
  • CV Helper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
it depends on your deposit and their monthly repayments, i think. go to a local vauxhall branch and ask them to calculate it for you - that's what i did i told them i'd have a £2000 deposit and could pay £200 a month towards repayments, and they calculated what i could get for my money. (this was for toyota, though)
MR.PINK
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
your best option is to check the vx website or go to ur local vx dealership and they would tell u exactly how much u will have to pay for the trim that you want
Walter Ego
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
And if you think you can afford a NEW Corsa, then you can definitely afford a nearly new REAL car ! I'd rather have a bus pass and a new pair of shoes than another Corsa.
NOBODY MOVE!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
i like the new corsa.
you like the new corsa.

i like you.
Sync
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
£1000 a month and you want a brand new car on finance? Honestly one of the most ridiculously, mind-numbingly stupid decisions you could make. Buy a £1000 run around and put the money saved towards an appreciating asset (house deposit?). There's no way you can afford something like that on £1000 a month - you'll look back in a couple of years and think "Bugger me, that was a waste of money. Wish somebody had warned me..."
Code
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I had so much frustration at my local dealership, they wouldn't give me a price! I don't care if you think it's a silly first car, I want a price!

Personally think the red or white stock models are horrible, and you'll be looking at £700 for something more palatable.

(Original post by Sync)
£1000 a month and you want a brand new car on finance? Honestly one of the most ridiculously, mind-numbingly stupid decisions you could make. Buy a £1000 run around and put the money saved towards an appreciating asset (house deposit?). There's no way you can afford something like that on £1000 a month - you'll look back in a couple of years and think "Bugger me, that was a waste of money. Wish somebody had warned me..."
If he can't afford a Corsa, I think a house would be stretching it also. The Corsa could probably be bought outright for the same money that most lenders would be looking for you to put down as a deposit!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (490)
37.72%
No - but I will (100)
7.7%
No - I don't want to (88)
6.77%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (621)
47.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise