few questions on Leamington Spa Watch

destination unknown
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hey,

I'll probably stay in Warwick next year to do my MSc (I'm doing my last year of undergraduate here though I started my degree in an other uni).

Obviously I'll choose to live in Leam due to its relative good nightlife.
Apart from the 2-3 streets where all the main bars are located, don't know much about Leam.

Where do you recommend living? (Please consider the proximity with supermarket, bus stop to uni, gym and obviously bars/clubs)

Finally, where do students post about spare bedrooms?
I can't apply before getting my final year marks (due in July), so most of students will have sorted their accommodation.

Cheers
Wraggy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
South Leam (near the church just south of the river) is a much better choice with regards to getting the bus into uni, the bus stop at the top of the parade is often busy and the bus is most of the time full when it gets there. There is an iceland and co-op in walking distance but it is easy enough to get the bus to Tesco at the top of the parade or Asda in Sydenham (Deep south leam). I don't know about gyms, because I don't see why you don't just use the one on campus for cost and convenience! Evolve nightclub, Kelseys bar are in the south, but the top of the parade is only 10 minutes away where most bars are.

People searching for housemates tend to post here: http://www.warwicksu.com/forums/topiclist/630/
Chiraag
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Gym - Evolve or the Workout mill. Both very cheap.

Workout mill - more facilities, but worse atmosphere and always busy..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Jun '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (508)
37.71%
No - but I will (103)
7.65%
No - I don't want to (92)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (644)
47.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise